Powerboat P1 Launches First Ever Middle East Event.Powerboat P1 Launches First Ever Middle East Event
Powerboat P1 today launched the first ever Powerboat P1 Grand Prix Grand Prix
n. pl. Grand Prix
Any of several competitive international road races for sports cars of specific engine size over an exacting, usually risky course. in the Middle East. Bahrain has been selected as the venue for this prestigious and exciting event that provides the finale For the music notation program, see .
A finale (italian word) is a closing part, act or movement of a dramatic or musical composition, or more generally any event or procedure with a dramatically concluding effect. to the Powerboat P1 season.
Working closely with the event partners, Marina Marina
“a piece of virtue.” [Br. Lit.: Pericles]
See : Virtuousness West, Marina Durrat Al Bahrain Durrat Al Bahrain is an artificial island project in Bahrain. It is similar to the Palm Islands in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Image Gallery
Durrat Al Bahrain model
Durrat Al Bahrain model
1. Extending or taking place between or among continents: intercontinental exploration; intercontinental cooperation.
2. Regency Hotel The Regency Hotel was a hotel in Denver, Colorado. Built in the 1960s to serve as a regional convention center, it was famous locally for its large gold dome and the luxury of the rooms within. , Powerboat P1 will run the event from 23rd to 25th October 2008 at Marina Durrat Al Bahrain, part of the Durrat Al Bahrain development project in the south of Bahrain.
The Powerboat P1 Grand Prix is being run with the full support of Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al Khalifa and the Bahrain Economic Development Board, Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa and the General Organisation for Youth and Sports and Shaikh Mohammed bin Duaij Al Khalifa and the Bahrain Maritime INTEREST, MARITIME. By maritime interest is understood the profit of money lent on bottomry or respondentia, which is allowed to be greater than simple interest because the capital of the lender is put in jeopardy. Sports Association.
Speaking at the launch of the Grand Prix, Managing Director of Powerboat P1, Jim O'Toole
1. Selecting or employing individual elements from a variety of sources, systems, or styles: an eclectic taste in music; an eclectic approach to managing the economy.
2. mix of top class venues in three continents. More and more cities and resort destinations are prepared to invest in P1 to secure the long term rights to our dynamic sports and entertainment platform. They share our enthusiasm for the Championship and recognise the potential of its global reach and the impact of our event on the local economy." "We are breaking new ground within Europe with the inclusion of races in France and Spain whilst our visit to the Middle East signifies another new adventure for P1. This is an exciting development as we continue to establish P1's credentials CREDENTIALS, international law. The instruments which authorize and establish a public minister in his character with the state or prince to whom they are addressed. If the state or prince receive the minister, he can be received only in the quality attributed to him in his credentials. beyond Europe, strongly supported by our teams, the manufacturers and the marine industry."
"I am delighted to announce Bahrain as our venue for the Middle East race, and Marina Durrat Al Bahrain as the host for the seventh and final event of the 2008 Powerboat P1 season. We are working hard to expand the Powerboat P1 Series into new territories and see the Middle East as a crucial development area for us. We are pleased that our event has found a home here in Bahrain and we look forward to working closely with Shaikh Mohammed and the Bahrain Maritime Sports Association in making this event a fitting end to our season".
Shaikh Mohammed bin Duaij Al Khalifa of the Bahrain Maritime Sports Association said, "We have been looking forward to hosting a top class powerboat race in the Kingdom, and are delighted that Powerboat P1, the very top level of powerboat racing, has chosen to make Bahrain its home in the Middle East. We hope to build on the success of the Formula 1 to really establish Bahrain as the home of all types of motorsport in the region, both on land and on water. I'm sure the event will offer some spectacular racing and a thrilling thrill
v. thrilled, thrill·ing, thrills
1. To cause to feel a sudden intense sensation; excite greatly.
2. To give great pleasure to; delight. See Synonyms at enrapture. occasion that all Bahraini residents will be able to enjoy".
The host for the Grand Prix is Marina Durrat Al Bahrain, and their representative Othman Janahi said, "Marina Durrat Al Bahrain, which is an integral part of the Durrat Al Bahrain development is proud to be a partner of the Bahrain Powerboat P1 Grand Prix and delighted to be able to host the event in 2008. As we were developing the plans for the project we realised that we needed to create an event that would really put the Marina on the map as the premier resort venue in the Middle East, we strongly believe that over the next few years this event will certainly help us achieve that. We look forward to working with Powerboat P1 to ensure that the Bahrain Powerboat P1 Grand Prix is a great success"
Event Partner Marina West's Managing Director Mahmood Janahi said "Marina West is delighted to support the Bahrain Powerboat P1 Grand Prix and we look forward to a thrilling and action packed weekend of powerboat racing this October. Such events bring great opportunities for enhancing social and economic development and certainly put Bahrain at the forefront of motorsport in the Middle East.
He added: "We felt it's a must to support an event that promotes Bahrain as an island destination on the map; it fits neatly with our marketing strategy and is undoubtedly the leading Powerboat Racing Series in the world. We are sure that our involvement with this event will bring benefit to the Marina West development and certainly help to establish Bahrain on the world watersport wa·ter·sport
A sport played or undertaken on or in the water, as swimming, snorkeling, or surfing. map."
[c] 2008 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)