Political cartoon.I'M JEALOUS jeal·ous
1. Fearful or wary of being supplanted; apprehensive of losing affection or position.
a. Resentful or bitter in rivalry; envious: jealous of the success of others. OF THE RICH GUY IN PINSTRIPES ...
I'M JEALOUS OF THE RICH GUY IN PINSTRIPES ...
This cartoon cartoon [Ital., cartone=paper], either of two types of drawings: in the fine arts, a preliminary sketch for a more complete work; in journalism, a humorous or satirical drawing. addresses the increasing gap in wage earnings between some American workers. It also refers to the baseball trade the New York Yankees Editing of this page by unregistered or newly registered users is currently disabled due to vandalism. made to get Alex Rodriguez Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez (born July 27, 1975 in New York, New York), commonly nicknamed A-Rod, is a Dominican American baseball infielder. He is the starting third baseman for the New York Yankees, after having played shortstop for the Texas Rangers and Seattle , one of the game's highest-salaried players (see p. 5). Study the cartoon, then answer the questions below.
1. The man in the first panel represents an American laborer. He envies the salary of what other kind of worker? --
2. Why does the worker in the second panel wish he had the salary of a New York New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of Yankee?
3. Why do you think female workers are not represented in the cartoon?
4. Do you think professional athletes should earn millions of dollars? Explain.
5. What occupations (jobs) should pay the most? Why? --
1. The laborer envies the chief executive officer (CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. ) of an American company. The CEOs of profitable companies often earn millions of dollars, substantially more than other American workers.
2. The earnings of the highest-paid professional athletes, which can include lucrative advertising contracts, dwarf the incomes of the average CEO.
3. Answers will vary. On average, female workers earn less money than males.
4. Answers will vary.
5. Answers will vary.