Planar Announces Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System.
System to be Unveiled at InfoComm
BEAVERTON, Ore. -- Planar A technique developed by Fairchild Instruments that creates transistor sublayers by forcing chemicals under pressure into exposed areas. Planar superseded the mesa process and was a major step toward creating the chip. Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on :PLNR), a worldwide leader in specialty display solutions, today introduced its Clarity Matrix[TM] LCD Video Wall System that supports mission-critical operation and requires minimal installation space, making it ideal for use in public venue or control room video walls. By combining streamlined, narrow-bezel LCD panels Also called a "projection panel," it is a data projector that accepts computer output and displays it on a see-through liquid crystal screen that is placed on top of an overhead projector. See data projector. , a unique mounting system, centralized cen·tral·ize
v. cen·tral·ized, cen·tral·iz·ing, cen·tral·iz·es
1. To draw into or toward a center; consolidate.
2. outboard Not built in. Outboard devices are external to the main unit. Contrast with inboard. See offboard. electronics and simplified configuration and management software, the Clarity Matrix system is designed to make the most of LCD technology's slim profile and vibrant visual performance while easing the difficulties in achieving perfect alignment, optimal cooling, simplified service and extended operation. Providing outstanding tiled visual performance and uninterrupted operation through exclusive features, the Clarity Matrix supports the company's strategy to deliver innovative specialty display solutions.
Planar will unveil its Clarity Matrix LCD video wall at this year's InfoComm in Orlando, Fla., June 17-19 (Booth #3149). The Clarity Matrix incorporates 46" commercial-grade LCD panels that tile together with only a 7.3mm image-to-image gap. The Matrix's LCD "blade" module - unique within the control room and digital signage Digital signage is a form of out-of-home advertising in which content and messages displayed on an electronic screen, or digital sign, can be changed without modification to the physical sign, typically with the goal of delivering targeted messages to specific locations at industry weighs less, generates less heat, aligns precisely, services easily, and is less susceptible to "in-wall" failures compared to traditional LCD display designs.
Intelligent Tiled Mounting System
The Clarity Matrix Video Wall System incorporates the Clarity EasyAxis[TM] mount system, which combined with the LCD module, results in a video wall measuring a mere 4.5 inches in depth, screen to wall - ideal for space-constrained security monitoring centers and broadcast control rooms. The LCD modules include EasyAxis adjustment cams allowing six-axis fine-grain alignment and perfect LCD module positioning in any array. The Clarity EasyAxis mounting system supports landscape and portrait orientation, free-standing wall deployment and flying wall applications. Because the panels are self-supporting, Clarity Matrix can support unlimited stacking height. The mounting system also incorporates a unique service mode that allows for in-place front-access service for any panel in the wall regardless of location.
Uninterrupted Operation by Design
Designed for continuous operation, which ultimately lowers total cost of ownership, the Clarity Matrix Video Wall System features off-board rack-mount electronics and power supplies to decrease the heat load that can rapidly degrade TO DEGRADE, DEGRADING. To, sink or lower a person in the estimation of the public.
2. As a man's character is of great importance to him, and it is his interest to retain the good opinion of all mankind, when he is a witness, he cannot be compelled to disclose LCD panels and increase the risk of temporary image retention (TIR TIR International Road Transport [French Transports Internationaux Routiers] ). With fewer components operating behind the LCD modules, Planar has significantly reduced the risk of in-wall failures and the associated disruption to the wall. Centralized controller boards and power supplies also can be placed in a convenient location, in close proximity to video sources. A single Clarity Matrix power supply module provides power to up to four panels and can be configured in a fault-tolerant n+1 configuration, providing redundancy for mission critical applications.
Image Processing image processing
Set of computational techniques for analyzing, enhancing, compressing, and reconstructing images. Its main components are importing, in which an image is captured through scanning or digital photography; analysis and manipulation of the image, accomplished and Control
The Clarity Matrix Video Wall System is compatible with all leading image processors, including Planar's Indisys[TM]. It incorporates Clarity Big Picture Plus built-in processing, which allows single sources to scale proportionally across all or a portion of the displays in the video wall, creating a single perfectly-aligned image. Set-up assistance software, on-screen on·screen or on-screen
adj. & adv.
1. As shown on a movie, television, or display screen.
2. Within public view; in public. control menus and full serial management control are offered as standard features of the video wall system.
Other Clarity Matrix Key Features include:
* 46-inch diagonal, 700 nit commercial-grade LCD panels
* 7.3mm image-to-image gap when tiled together
* Ultra-slim profile - 4.5 inches from wall to screen
* Optimized mounting and fine-grain alignment scheme
* Off-board electronics design for reduced downtime The time during which a computer is not functioning due to hardware, operating system or application program failure.
* Redundant power supplies
* Built-in network-based health monitoring, status and control
"We have applied the lessons and expertise gleaned from deploying numerous mission-critical control rooms around the world to this latest generation of ultra-narrow bezel The front cover of a desktop or tower computer case. The term also refers to the individual drive bay covers, which are removed to install CD-ROMs and other removable drives that require access from the front of the case. LCDs," said Kristina K. Gorriaran, vice president and general manager for Planar's Control Room and Signage Business Unit. "The resulting Clarity Matrix video wall system delivers a state-of-the-art specialty display solution with meaningful cost-of-ownership advantages to control room and signage customers."
The Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System will be available later this year through Planar's network of control room and digital signage resellers. For more information or to schedule a briefing at Planar's InfoComm booth (#3149), please contact Katherine Manning at 213-438-8788 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.planarcontrolroom.com.
Planar Systems, Inc (NASDAQ:PLNR) is a global leader of specialty display technology providing hardware and software solutions for the world's most demanding environments. Hospitals, space and military programs, utility and transportation hubs Transportation hub is a location where traffic is exchanged across several modes of transport. These modes may include any of railway, tramway, rapid transit, bus, automobile, truck, airplane, spacecraft, ship, ferry, pedestrian or any other kind of transportation. , shopping centers, banks, government agencies, businesses, and home theater An audio/video entertainment center that has a large-screen TV and hi-fi system with three speakers in the front (left, right and center) and left and right speakers in the rear. Starting in the early 1990s, video inputs were added to stereo receivers and preamplifiers. enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners, and customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.planar.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Company overview|
|Date:||Jun 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Flowers Foods to Webcast Presentation at Stephens Inc. Spring Investment Conference.|
|Next Article:||Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust to Present at REITWeek[TM] 2009 NAREIT Investor Forum.|