Personality and social psychology research.9781600217357
Personality and social psychology research.
Ed. by Bettina P. Reimann.
Nova Biomedical bi·o·med·i·cal
1. Of or relating to biomedicine.
2. Of, relating to, or involving biological, medical, and physical sciences. Books
This book presents new research in attitudes and social cognition Social cognition is the study of how people process social information, especially its encoding, storage, retrieval, and application to social situations. Social cognition’s focus on information processing has many affinities with its sister discipline, cognitive psychology. and addresses the domains of social behavior In biology, psychology and sociology social behavior is behavior directed towards, or taking place between, members of the same species. Behavior such as predation which involves members of different species is not social. in which cognition cognition
Act or process of knowing. Cognition includes every mental process that may be described as an experience of knowing (including perceiving, recognizing, conceiving, and reasoning), as distinguished from an experience of feeling or of willing. plays a major role, such as overt behavior, affect, and motivation. It also deals with interpersonal relations and group processes, focusing on psychological and structural features of interactions in dyads and groups. Personality processes and individual differences are also covered. The book begins with two commentaries reviewing current and future research directions in alcohol-related aggression and the relationship between empathy and aggression. Subsequent chapters look at areas such as attitudes toward politic pol·i·tic
1. Using or marked by prudence, expedience, and shrewdness; artful.
2. Using, displaying, or proceeding from policy; judicious: a politic decision.
3. parties, how context influences one's judgment of others, and an idiographic-nomothetic approach to personality and psychological influences on health risk behavior.
([c]20082005 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR)