PatchLink Accelerates Patch Management and Vulnerability Remediation With PatchLink Update 6.3.PatchLink Update(TM) 6.3 Delivers Powerful Performance and Enhanced Scalability to Quickly Secure Heterogeneous Networks From Threats
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- The nature of today's security landscape requires organizations to deploy more security patches than ever, and at a faster rate, across heterogeneous IT environments. In addition, organizations are faced with increased IT and regulatory compliance requirements Compliance requirements are a series of directives established by United States Federal government agencies that summarize hundreds of Federal laws and regulations applicable to Federal assistance (also known as Federal aid or Federal funds). . To help organizations with patch compliance to quickly secure their networks, PatchLink Corporation, the market leader in patch and vulnerability management solutions, today announced the release of PatchLink Update[TM] 6.3, a best-in-class solution that delivers powerful performance, enhanced scalability, and broader coverage for diverse enterprise networks.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology, Washington, DC, www.nist.gov) The standards-defining agency of the U.S. government, formerly the National Bureau of Standards. It is one of three agencies that fall under the Technology Administration (www.technology. , vulnerabilities are projected to increase 40 percent from last year, with more than 6,700 vulnerabilities expected in 2006. With strained IT resources and increasing threats, the biggest challenge facing organizations is rapid remediation of vulnerabilities across their entire infrastructure before an exploit occurs. PatchLink Update 6.3 further speeds patch management The installation of patches from a software vendor onto an organization's computers. Patching thousands of PCs and servers is a major issue. A patch should be applied to test machines first before deployment, and the testing environments must represent all the users' PCs with their unique with expanded platform support for maximum endpoint coverage, mitigation of risk, and IT cost reduction.
"As security remains a top priority, many enterprises are trying to do more with less while ensuring business value," said Charles Kolodgy, research director for leading analyst firm IDC. "In light of growing vulnerabilities, enterprises are looking for Looking for
In the context of general equities, this describing a buy interest in which a dealer is asked to offer stock, often involving a capital commitment. Antithesis of in touch with. robust security solutions that can deliver optimal performance, vulnerability detection, rapid remediation, and broad coverage for their multiple platforms Refers to two or more operating environments, which typically include the CPU family and operating system. For example, if versions of a program run on Windows and the Macintosh, the software is said to support multiple platforms. and applications. To this end, PatchLink has combined leading-edge capabilities of vulnerability assessment A Department of Defense, command, or unit-level evaluation (assessment) to determine the vulnerability of a terrorist attack against an installation, unit, exercise, port, ship, residence, facility, or other site. , intelligent remediation and reporting to ensure complete network security while delivering value to enterprise customers."
"The incredible performance of PatchLink Update 6.3 will further enable our IT staff to proactively secure our assets and enhance our productivity," said Jim Czyzewski, senior information systems specialist at MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland. "Managing a diverse network environment across 20 different locations is no longer a full-time job for our IT staff as PatchLink Update has been instrumental in mitigating risks and relieving IT security pain. Version 6.3 is a robust solution that delivers high performance, thorough assessment, remediation and continuous monitoring to ensure it works around the clock to secure our network without disrupting our computing environment."
PatchLink Update 6.3 offers enhanced capabilities to enable organizations to quickly secure networks from threats, reduce overall IT costs, improve IT productivity, and increase overall network security. Additional features and benefits include:
* Improved Performance to Quickly Secure Networks from Threats:
* Deploy patches faster with overall performance improvements
* Detect applicable patches in seconds per machine
* Reduce server load and improve performance with new agent-side data processing data processing or information processing, operations (e.g., handling, merging, sorting, and computing) performed upon data in accordance with strictly defined procedures, such as recording and summarizing the financial transactions of a and database query results caching
* Greater Scalability and Security for Even Larger Networks:
* Optimize network traffic with additional bandwidth throttling Bandwidth throttling is a method of ensuring a bandwidth intensive device, such as a server, will limit ("throttle") the quantity of data it transmits and/or accepts within a specified period of time. options and less network bandwidth utilization
* Increase security with best-of-breed RSA (1) (Rural Service Area) See MSA.
(2) (Rivest-Shamir-Adleman) A highly secure cryptography method by RSA Security, Inc., Bedford, MA (www.rsa.com), a division of EMC Corporation since 2006. It uses a two-part key. BSAFE[R] Encryption for both the transmission and storage of data, a unique PatchLink Update feature
* Increase database scalability with support for SQL Server An earlier relational DBMS from Sybase and from Microsoft. Sybase introduced SQL Server in 1988 for various Unix versions. In that same year, with help from IBM, Sybase created an OS/2 version that Microsoft licensed and branded as Microsoft SQL Server. 2005
* Expanded Platform Support to Protect Heterogeneous Environments:
* Support additional platforms including Windows 64-bit Operating Systems Operating systems can be categorized by technology, ownership, licensing, working state, usage, and by many other characteristics. In practice, many of these groupings may overlap. , Novell SuSE Linux A Linux distribution from the SuSE Linux division of Novell. Both consumer and enterprise versions are available, and the distribution includes several user interfaces. SuSE Linux comes with the Yet Another Setup Tool (YaST), which is used to install, configure and maintain the OS, as , and Macintosh on Intel See Mactel.
In addition, PatchLink's Patented Digital Fingerprinting Technology provides a highly accurate patch and vulnerability management process for assessment, remediation, and continuous monitoring to improve IT and regulatory compliance. It also offers comprehensive reports to help organizations track patch deployments and demonstrate progress towards internal and external audit requirements.
"Our customers continually look to us for powerful security products to help accelerate the patch management process in a cost-effective manner," said Patrick Clawson, chairman, CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. and president of PatchLink Corporation. "Organizations are faced with a difficult task of protecting their critical IT assets. PatchLink has developed a best-in-class solution to help customers remediate vulnerabilities more thoroughly and quickly while continuously monitoring to make sure their environment is healthy at all times. With our proven technology, customers are able to patch 13 times faster than the industry standard which translates into mitigating risk quickly and in the most cost-effective manner."
PatchLink Update is available October 9, 2006 worldwide. U.S.-based pricing starts at $1,495.00 for the PatchLink Update Server (PLUS) software, plus $18 per node per year for Windows agents, $75 per node per year for non-Windows agents (i.e., Linux, UNIX UNIX
Operating system for digital computers, developed by Ken Thompson of Bell Laboratories in 1969. It was initially designed for a single user (the name was a pun on the earlier operating system Multics). , NetWare, etc.) and $33 per node per year for Mac OS X.
PatchLink is also including PatchLink Update Server Software ($1,500 US value) for first time buyers who purchase 500 nodes or more. Register today to be eligible for this free offer. For more information on this, please click on http://www.patchlink.com/redirect.asp?IDr=152&IDd=432
ABOUT PATCHLINK CORPORATION
PatchLink[R] is the global leader for security patch and vulnerability management solutions, delivering comprehensive, multi-platform assessment and remediation for continuous protection across the enterprise. Offering the most comprehensive platform and application support, PatchLink maintains the largest tested and most up-to-date security patch repository, enabling organizations to accurately assess and remediate vulnerabilities based on established industry best practices. Currently protecting thousands of commercial and government organizations and millions of PCs and servers worldwide, PatchLink effectively eliminates vulnerability risks and enforces security and compliance policies while reducing overall IT costs.
[c]2006 PatchLink Corporation. All rights reserved. PatchLink, the PatchLink logo, and the PatchLink product names and logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of PatchLink Corporation in the United States. In addition, other company names and products mentioned in this document, if any, may be either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.