PICTURES OF HEARTBREAK.
THE parents of two other girls who died after taking drugs took the brave decision to release heartbreaking pictures of their children.
Lorna Spinks was a bright, bubbly student who fatally took a high-strength ecstasy tablet at a nightclub last May.
A photograph of the 19-year-old, a first year sociology student at Anglia Polytechnic University in Cambridge, was taken just moments after she died in hospital.
It shocked Mirror readers. But her parents Alan and Elizabeth gave taken and used so that other youngsters could see what trying ecstasy could mean.
Essex teenager Leah Betts, who also took the drug, was pictured unconscious before she died in hospital in 1995.
Her mother Janet, 52, said: "We have never regretted releasing it. If just one person decides not to take ecstasy after seeing one of
DEATHBED: Tragic Lorna; WARNING: Dying Leah
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Mirror (London, England)|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2002|
|Previous Article:||GROUNDS FOR CONCERN; EUR0 2008 BID BLUNDERS ON.|
|Next Article:||Cop for Omagh.|
|Over the rainbow... BRUETON PARK.|
|Mirror snapper grabs Picture of Year award.|
|FOR THE SAKE OF SAMEER; Family's fund to bring sunshine into life of ill boy.|