PEC Solutions Expands Support to CPS Human Resource Services in Providing Biometric Information Systems and Services to TSA; Option Year Valued at $9.9 Million.
FAIRFAX, Va. -- PEC Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on NM:PECS) a professional technology services firm specializing in high-end e-Government solutions, today announced that CPS Human Resource Services CPS Human Resource Services (formerly Cooperative Personnel Services) is a public benefit corporation headquartered in Sacramento, California, United States. CPSHRS provides human-resource and staffing services for federal, state, and local government agencies and nonprofit (CPS) has awarded the company a contract modification extending and enhancing services support into Option Year Two of a 5-year program. PEC will continue to provide CPS with biometric systems and information technology services support as part of the Department of Homeland Security Noun 1. Department of Homeland Security - the federal department that administers all matters relating to homeland security
executive department - a federal department in the executive branch of the government of the United States , Transportation Security Administration's (TSA TSA
See tax-sheltered annuity (TSA). ) staff recruitment efforts. PEC has provided services in support of TSA's recruitment program since 2002. The 2005 option year is valued at $9.9M. E[acute accent acute accent
A mark (´) indicating:
a. that a vowel is close or tense, as é in French été.
b. that a vowel or syllable has a high or rising pitch, as in Chinese or Ancient Greek.
c. ]Under the program, PEC will support the national collection of fingerprint and other basic identifying information for civilian applicants for positions within the TSA. The company operates and maintains mobile automated data collection systems, and is responsible for transmitting biometric data to Federal agencies. E[acute accent]According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Dr. Alan Harbitter, PEC's Chief Operating Officer Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The officer of a firm responsible for day-to-day management, usually the president or an executive vice-president. , "PEC is pleased to continue to assist CPS with the biometric component of this ongoing TSA program. Our partnership demonstrates the effectiveness of our combined capabilities to serve the TSA in safeguarding the security of our nation's air travel system."
E[acute accent]About CPS Human Resource Services
E[acute accent]CPS is an independent, self-supporting government agency that provides recruitment, examination, testing, assessment, staffing, and HR services to public agencies. Focused on delivering its mission to improve public sector human resource management, CPS understands government and how to support effective government systems and processes. CPS has more than 1,900 federal, state and local government clients across the U.S. and Canada.
E[acute accent]About PEC Solutions, Inc.
E[acute accent]PEC, founded in 1985, is a professional services firm that helps government clients harness the power of the Internet and other advanced technologies to improve mission performance. The company specializes in Web-Enabling Government(R) by providing secure, interoperable technology solutions for clients in homeland security, criminal justice and intelligence, defense, and civilian agencies within the federal government and at state and local levels. PEC is based in Fairfax County, Virginia Fairfax County is a county in Northern Virginia, in the United States. As of 2005, the estimated population of the county is 1,041,200; making it by far the most populous jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and larger than seven states. , with offices around the United States. Visit the company on the Web at www.pec.com.
E[acute accent]For more information, contact Martha Hill, PEC's Director of Investor Relations Investor relations
The process by which the corporation communicates with its investors. , at 703-679-4900.
E[acute accent]This press release may contain forward-looking information within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the safe harbor Safe Harbor
1. A legal provision to reduce or eliminate liability as long as good faith is demonstrated.
2. A form of shark repellent implemented by a target company acquiring a business that is so poorly regulated that the target itself is less attractive. created by those sections. PEC assumes no obligation to update the information contained in this press release. PEC's future results may be affected by its ability to continue to implement its government technology solutions, its dependence on the federal government and state and local governments and other federal government contractors as its major customers, timely passage of components of the federal budget, timely obligations of funding by the federal and state governments, its dependence on procuring, pricing and performing short-term government contracts, its dependence on hiring and retaining qualified professionals, potential fluctuations in its quarterly operating results, including seasonal impacts, its dependence on certain key employees and its ability to timely and effectively integrate the businesses it may acquire. For further information about forward-looking statements and other specific risks and uncertainties, please refer to PEC's recent SEC filings, including the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K Form 10-K
A report required by the SEC from exchange-listed companies that provides for annual disclosure of certain financial information.
See 10-K. filed with the SEC on March 15, 2004, which are available on the company's website (www.pec.com).