PARTY LINES : AMADEUS OPENING A CROWD-PLEASER - AND WHAT A CROWD!Byline: Barbara De Witt De Witt, uninc. town (1990 pop. 8,244), Onondaga co., central N.Y., a residential suburb of Syracuse.
It's not often that the fire marshal fire marshal
1. The head of a department or office that is charged with the prevention and investigation of fires.
2. A person in charge of firefighting personnel and equipment at an industrial plant.
Noun 1. closes down a party in L.A., but that's what happened Wednesday night when more than 1,000 guests showed up for the grand opening of Amadeus Restaurant and Mozart Bar in Beverly Hills Beverly Hills, city (1990 pop. 31,971), Los Angeles co., S Calif., completely surrounded by the city of Los Angeles; inc. 1914. The largely residential city is home to many motion-picture and television personalities. .
Honest, there were so many people that invitation-carrying guests had to line up on the street waiting for someone to leave so they could get a peek at the chichi dining spot opened byStacy Mitchell Gantzos, formerly of Spago.
Gantzos, who wore an elegant gown inspired by Mozart's era, told me she loved his music and the movie ``Amadeus,'' so the name was a natural. To create a romantic but not-too-ruffly decor, Gantzos asked her friend Faye Resnick Faye Resnick testified in the civil suit of Fred Goldman vs. O.J. Simpson. She claimed that O.J. Simpson stalked his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson in the months before she was killed with her friend Ronald Goldman.
She claimed that Simpson used cocaine. to do the interior design that includes marble pillars, elegant booths and sofas and oil paintings reflecting the lavish lifestyle of Mozart. Although Resnick is well-known for her role at the O.J. Simpson trial and her book on the life of her friend Nicole Brown Simpson Nicole Brown Simpson (May 19, 1959 – June 12, 1994) was the wife of American football player O.J. Simpson. Found murdered at her home in Los Angeles, California, along with her friend Ronald Goldman, her death led to one of the most controversial and widely-discussed criminal , this was her first decorating job, and she was really nervous. As she showed me around the huge restaurant, she confided, ``I told Stacy that I was a frustrated decorator, and my only experience was doing my home, but I was thrilled she thought of me and worked about 13 hours a day for two months to get it finished.''
For most of the crowd, this was a first chance to taste the cuisine, which Gantzos called a little bit Californian, Asian and Italian, which explained the wide variety of appetizers - from red snapper red snapper: see snapper. on an artichoke artichoke, name for two different plants of the family Asteraceae (aster family), both having edible parts. The French, or globe, artichoke (Cynara scolymus leaf to crispy duck egg rolls and to-die-for pizza with that really thin crust the Italians are known for.
The guest list was diverse, and the celebs included a very elegantly dressed Tony Curtis (yeah, he's still got it, but he has no upcoming project) to attorney Gloria Allred and Playmate of the Year Victoria Silvstedt.
The dress code was black, whether it was cocktail dresses slashed to show plenty of cleavage and midriff midriff /mid·riff/ (-rif) the diaphragm; the region between the breast and waistline.
See diaphragm. , or leather, and there were lots of suave Italian men whom I later learned were Gantzos' relatives who had flown in to help her celebrate. Cocktail chatter was about the Sundance Film Festival, lottery ticket sales and how much the Playboy model looked like a super slim version of actress/model Anna Nicole Smith.
Photo: (1) Schmoozing at the Amadeus opening night party are Judd Nelson of TV's ``Suddenly Susan'' and Playmate of the Year Victoria Silvstedt.
(2) Actress Joely Fisher hangs with mom Connie Stevens at the Amadeus gala.
(3) Jack Scalia and Amadeus Restaurant owner Stacy Mitchell Gantzos, wearing a period-inspired gown, smile for the camera at the opening of her romantic new dining establishment.
Martha Moody/Special to the Daily News
(4) Charity Tilton, left, attends the Women in Film Awards at Crustacean crustacean (krŭstā`shən), primarily aquatic arthropod of the subphylum Crustacea. Most of the 44,000 crustacean species are marine, but there are many freshwater forms. Restaurant in Beverly Hills with her mother, Charlene Tilton. With them are Elizabeth An and Cassandra Gava. The organization is devoted to the advancement of women in entertainment and global communications.
Paul Marsh/Special to the Daily News
(5) Recording artists Paul Simon, left, Stevie Wonder and Don Henley joined an all-star band at the ``Encore'' black-tie gala for the re-opening of Royce Hall on the UCLA UCLA University of California at Los Angeles
UCLA University Center for Learning Assistance (Illinois State University)
UCLA University of Carrollton, TX and Lower Addison, TX campus. Carol Burnett, John Lithgow and Paul Reiser also entertained.
(6) Lew and Edie Wasserman were honored as long-time friends and supporters of UCLA at the recent ``Encore'' party.