Oz Muslims critical of Rudd stance on Israel invasion.Byline: ANI
Sydney, Jan.5 (ANI): Australian Muslims have described as "muted" the Federal Government's response to the Israeli invasion of Gaza.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. the Sydney Morning Herald, the Rudd Government is refusing to condemn the incursion in·cur·sion
1. An aggressive entrance into foreign territory; a raid or invasion.
2. The act of entering another's territory or domain.
3. , but is supporting calls for a halt to all violence.
Tens of thousands of Israeli troops backed by tanks have battled Hamas fighters as the death toll from the offensive to end militant rocket attacks passes 510.
The Israeli Government is resisting intense international pressure over its biggest military operation since the 2006 war in Lebanon.
Rudd says Australia recognizes Israel's right to self-defence, but added the ongoing violence highlighted the need for a solution to the conflict.
The Australian Federation of Islamic Councils says Israel is taking advantage of the lack of condemnation from nations such as Australia and the United States.
"They should speak against the brutal aggression of Israel and force Israel and Hamas to bring to halt its attack on each other," it said. (ANI)
Copyright 2008 Asian News International The Asian News International (ANI) agency provides multimedia news to China and 50 bureaus in India. It covers virtually all of South Asia since its foundation and presently claims, on its official website, to be the leading South Asia-wide news agency. (ANI) - All Rights Reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company