Opening soon.Everyone wants to be the boss. In some Latin American countries List of American countries
It may require cleanup to comply with Wikipedia's content policies, particularly neutral point of view. to go through 17 bureaucratic bu·reau·crat
1. An official of a bureaucracy.
2. An official who is rigidly devoted to the details of administrative procedure.
bu procedures that take an average of 152 days to process--the worst in Latin America Latin America, the Spanish-speaking, Portuguese-speaking, and French-speaking countries (except Canada) of North America, South America, Central America, and the West Indies. , according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. a World Bank report. Compare that with Panama, where it takes just seven steps and 19 days. The World Bank said Colombia was the world's second-best reformer, slashing more bureaucratic hindrances than any other country in 2004 except for Slovakia.
number of days Panama (7) Chile (10) Argentina (15) Guatemala (15) Colombia (14) Uruguay (11) Nicaragua (9) Mexico (8) Bolivia (15) Honduras (13) Latin America (12) Paraguay (17) Costa Rica (11) Dominican Rep. (10) Ecuador (14) Peru (10) El Salvador (12) Venezuela (13) Brazil (17) (#) number of procedures SOURCE: World Bank Note: Table made from line graph.