On the rails.
The Park was originally part of the Springfield Estate, owned by local industrialist and MP Sir Alfred Hickman. Following his death in 1910, it was donated to Bilston Council in 1911 after it had been formally laid as a memorial. It originally consisted of a bandstand, cast iron drinking fountain, flower bedding and an ornamental pond, which is still present today.
Alpha Rail supplied, and also design assisted, vertical bar railings in a decorative style, plus two flat top hand rails for a section of stairs, as well as security perimeter fencing and gates. In total, 400m of railings was supplied and delivered by Alpha Rail. Jack Moody, a horticultural, landscaping and civil engineering company installed the railings and painted them on-site. www.alpharail.co.uk
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||In Situ; Hickman Park|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Vertical green walls.|
|Next Article:||Up on the roof.|