On Center Software Releases On-Screen Takeoff(R) 3.6.
Patent-pending processes improve takeoff speed and accuracy
THE WOODLANDS Woodlands refers to several places:
adj. & adv.
1. As shown on a movie, television, or display screen.
2. Within public view; in public. Takeoff([R]) 3.6, newly released by On Center Software, a leading provider of electronic plan viewing, takeoff, estimating and production tracking software for the construction industry. The features include a Duplicate DUPLICATE. The double of anything.
2. It is usually applied to agreements, letters, receipts, and the like, when two originals are made of either of them. Each copy has the same effect. and Reassign Takeoff process in addition to two enhancements announced earlier: one for working more efficiently with "typical areas" of building conditions and one enabling the sending and receiving of large takeoff files via YouSendIt's file delivery service, integrated into On-Screen Takeoff([R]) 3.6 as Project Express.
"On-Screen Takeoff([R]) 3.6 performs typical takeoff tasks up to four times faster than previous versions," said Leonard Buzz, On Center Software president and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. . "Clients have long reported dramatic time savings achieved through the use of On-Screen Takeoff([R]) versus former, manual takeoff methods, but we continually con·tin·u·al
1. Recurring regularly or frequently: the continual need to pay the mortgage.
2. strive to optimize optimize - optimisation product performance because time is money."
The patent-pending Typical Areas Quantity Survey process within On-Screen Takeoff([R]) 3.6 facilitates faster counting (quantifying) of building conditions or assemblies for large projects that have multiple typical areas with groups of conditions and/or repeating levels or floors. This process would involve a building project with a specific arrangement of similar floors/levels, walls, ceilings, electrical components, finishes, furnishings furnishings
the extra type or quantity of hair on the head, tail, ears or legs, specified for a particular breed. For example, the feathers in setters, the beard in Bearded collies, the eyebrows in Schnauzers. , or any other group of mechanical, electrical or architectural elements, that repeat. These groups of building conditions (Typical Groups) or multiple, identical, repeating floors/levels (Repeats) are often represented on separate pages and at different scales of measurement on construction documents.
Through the Typical Areas Quantity Survey process, these repeating levels or floors are converted into virtual levels or floors, each with a unique building area assignment. The process also enables an estimator with a computer, On-Screen Takeoff([R]) 3.6 and an image of the building project to accurately quantify Quantify - A performance analysis tool from Pure Software. construction conditions within the specific groups of building conditions.
The patent-pending Duplicate and Reassign Takeoff Objects process of On-Screen Takeoff([R]) 3.6 also saves time. A user can select, duplicate and reassign any similar building components taken off in the quantity survey process to different assemblies or conditions, and automatically place them on any page with a different scale of measurement, while having correct quantities preserved at the new scale.
Through Project Express, supported users of On-Screen Takeoff([R]) 3.6 can instantly send, receive and track takeoff and project files up to 100MB in size, with a bandwidth limit of 3GB per month, to other supported users at no cost. Clients with more extensive file delivery needs can upgrade to YouSendIt Business Plus, which enables delivery of files up to 2GB in size with a 200 GB bandwidth limit per month.
Other enhancements in On-Screen Takeoff([R]) 3.6 include:
* Duplicate Page - One-button page duplication duplication /du·pli·ca·tion/ (doo-pli-ka´shun)
1. the act or process of doubling, or the state of being doubled.
2. from within the cover sheet
* Spin Takeoff in Place - Allowing multiple takeoff objects to be selected and quickly adjusted to fit various angled orientations of building layouts by spinning the chosen takeoff objects on their center axis
* Significant speed improvements to the core calculator calculator or calculating machine, device for performing numerical computations; it may be mechanical, electromechanical, or electronic. The electronic computer is also a calculator but performs other functions as well. engine and the interface with On Center Software's Quick Bid product.
On-Screen Takeoff([R]) 3.6 is part of the On Center ProfitBuilding[TM] Suite of products, which also includes Quick Bid and Digital Production Control[TM]. For more information on On Center Software, visit www.oncenter.com.
About On Center Software, Inc.
Located in The Woodlands, Texas, On Center Software, Inc. (OCS OCS - Object Compatibility Standard ) is a privately held company privately held company
A firm whose shares are held within a relatively small circle of owners and are not traded publicly. that in 2008, is celebrating the 20th anniversary of its founding by construction industry professionals. Their mission is to transform the estimating experience of other construction industry professionals by developing and supporting innovative, practical, comprehensive software solutions that turn winning bids into profitable projects. On Center Software combines extensive industry knowledge, a solid understanding of the estimating process and state-of-the-art technology to turn ordinary bidding data into meaningful information.