Oberthur Card Systems' Electronic Passport EAL4+ Certified! High Security Certification Required for European Union Members.
"Once again, Oberthur Card Systems has proved its willingness to establish a leading role in the ID market offering the latest technology to worldwide citizens. Close consultation and tight partnership with customers have always been crucial in our strategy to address this booming and highly secured segment," said Xavier Fricout, Identity product line director at Oberthur Card Systems.
In addition, this electronic passport chip is certified with Active authentication, feature that offers a higher security.
This e-passport - which is already ICAO compliant - is a prestigious addition to Oberthur Card Systems' ID-One product line. This strengthens the group's position in the ID market with a comprehensive and aggressive roadmap for the e-passport market worldwide.
About Oberthur Card Systems
With sales of 524 million euros in 2006, Oberthur Card Systems is one of the world's leading providers of card-based solutions, software and applications including SIM and multi-application smart cards as well as services ranging from consulting to personalization.
Innovative products, security expertise and high quality services ensure Oberthur Card Systems' strong positioning in its main target markets:
* Payment & Services: 47% of 2006 revenues. A world-leading supplier of Visa and MasterCard payment cards
* Mobile Communications: 37% of 2006 revenues, with open and interoperable solutions based on Java[TM] technology.
* Identity: strong positions in ID projects throughout the world
* Multimedia: leading position in the Pay-TV market with an end-to-end expertise in the value chain: software development, manufacturing and personalization
* Transit: focus in the high-end segment with a microprocessor-based offer
Close to its customers, the company benefits from an industrial and commercial presence across all five continents. Listed on the Euronext Stock Exchange (ISIN:FR0000124133) since July 2000, Oberthur Card Systems is a subsidiary of the Fran[?]ois-Charles Oberthur Group.
For more information, visit www.oberthurcs.com
1Protection Profile PP BAC BSI-PP-0017
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Apr 19, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Fitch: Earnings Underscore Key Themes for U.S. Newspaper Outlook.|
|Next Article:||Sequoia Voting Systems Announces Key Management Team Hires.|