OUT FOR THE COUNT.THE chilling portrayal of Count Dracula Count Dracula is a fictional character, the titular antagonist of Bram Stoker's 1897 Gothic horror novel Dracula. Some aspects of the character may have been inspired by the 15th century Wallachian Prince, Vlad III the Impaler. by Christopher Lee
Christopher Frank Carandini Lee, CBE (born May 27, 1922) is an English actor known for his professional longevity and his distinctive basso delivery. is no longer film fans' favourite vampire.
Voters in a movie poll preferred a considerably younger fanged fiend.
The No1screen vampire is hunky hun·ky 1
n. pl. hun·kies Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a person, especially a laborer, from east-central Europe. Edward Cullen, who is played in the film Twilight by Robert Pattinson, 23.
Robert's role drew 38 per cent of the vote, just ahead of the release next month of Twilight followup New Moon. Lee's classic take on Dracula for Hammer Films in 1958 got second place, with 15 per cent of the votes.
Third place, with 10 per cent of the vote, went to Wesley Snipes in Blade.
The poll was done by ad firm Pearl and Dean. Chief executive Kathryn Jacob said: "People still enjoy a good bloodsucker."
TOP 10 VAMPIRES
1. Robert Pattinson Twilight - 38%
2. Christopher Lee: Hammer Horror Dracula films - 15%
3. Wesley Snipes: Blade - 10%
4. Tom Cruise: Interview with the Vampire - 8%
4. Gary Oldman: Bram Stoker's Dracula - 8%
6. Kate Beckinsale: Underworld - 7%
7. Kiefer Sutherland: The Lost Boys -6%
8. Salma Hayek: From Dusk Till Dawn - 4%
9. Max Schreck: Nosferatu - 3%
10. Bela Lugosi: Dracula - 2%
VAMPS: Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart