North American MORPHO Integrates Identix Technology for New Jersey Bureau of Identification Statewide ID System; Fifth Such Statewide MORPHO/Identix Application.
SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 24, 1997--Identix Inc. (ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise) A relational DBMS from Sybase that runs on Windows NT/2000, Linux and a variety of Unix platforms. ASE is a comprehensive and robust data management product with a long history dating back to the late 1980s. :IDX (IDX Systems Corporation, South Burlington, VT, www.idx.com) One of the largest health care information systems companies in the country, acquired in 2006 by GE Healthcare (www.gehealthcare.com), a unit of the General Electric Company. ), a leader worldwide in live-scan systems for law enforcement and biometric verification systems, Wednesday announced that Tacoma, Wash.-based North American North American
named after North America.
North American blastomycosis
see North American blastomycosis.
North American cattle tick
see boophilusannulatus. MORPHO morpho
Any species of New World tropical brush-footed butterflies in the genus Morpho (family Nymphalidae). Microscopic ridges on the wing scales break up and reflect light, producing the iridescent blue of the males of some species. Systems Inc. has chosen the technology embodied in the Identix TouchPrint 600 live-scan system as a key component of a statewide Fully Integrated Fingerprint Identification System (FIFIS) for the New Jersey State Police.
The Identix technology is integrated with MORPHO's DigiScan workstations; the DigiScans in turn connect via a MORPHO Gateway Service Provider to a recently upgraded MORPHO Automated Fingerprint Identification System Automated Fingerprint Identification System (or AFIS) is a system to automatically match one or many unknown fingerprints against a database of known prints. This is done for various reasons, not the least of which is because the person has committed a crime. (AFIS AFIS Automated Fingerprint Identification System
AFIS Aerodrome Flight Information Service
AFIS Armed Forces Radio and Television Service
AFIS Airborne Flight Information System
AFIS Automated Fingerprinting Identification System (Pakistan) ) housed at State Police headquarters in Trenton.
The system is being initially installed at eight locations, the State Police's Bridgeton barracks bar·rack 1
tr.v. bar·racked, bar·rack·ing, bar·racks
To house (soldiers, for example) in quarters.
1. A building or group of buildings used to house military personnel. and with the metropolitan police departments of seven major-population cities (Newark, Jersey City, Camden, Atlantic City Atlantic City, city (1990 pop. 37,986), Atlantic co., SE N.J., an Atlantic resort and convention center; settled c.1790, inc. 1854. Situated on Absecon Island, a barrier island 10 mi (16. , East Orange, Elizabeth and Paterson). The New Jersey FIFIS program will be the fifth state law enforcement network installed by MORPHO to use Identix's fingerprint-capture technology exclusively; other projects are completed or underway in Texas, Ohio, Maryland and Arizona. Contact expansion will depend on local budget availability, officials say.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. New Jersey State Police Sergeant First Class Philip Boots, who heads the Automated Fingerprint Identification Unit of the State Police Bureau of Identification, the current network is expected to commence operation some time in November and will process approximately a quarter of the state's total annual number of criminal arrests.
"We see several advantages in turning from traditional ink fingerprinting to the Identix system," Sgt. Boots reported. "In addition to overall greater accuracy and speed in booking a suspect, our initial experience shows that the entire procedure -- from capturing the fingerprints locally in electronic form to receiving them at the Bureau -- takes less than ten minutes, compared with as many as 11 days under the old method."
Identix Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Randall C. Fowler commented: "Once again, our technology has been chosen by a major systems integrator as the fingerprint capture component of a statewide criminal identification and verification system. The TP-600 has proven to be effective to date at every level of law enforcement -- federal, state and local -- and we're confident it will prove itself in New Jersey."
Identix is a leader in designing, developing, manufacturing and marketing products for the capture and/or comparison of fingerprints for security, anti-fraud, law enforcement and other applications. The company's subsidiaries and divisions include ANADAC/Government Services, a provider of information technology, engineering, systems integration and consulting services to governmental and commercial entities; Identification Services Division, a supplier of contract services for employee and applicant screening and other personal identification applications; Biometric Applications & Technology Inc., which develops and markets biometric and "smart" card software applications and solutions; and Identix/Fingerscan, an Australian-based manufacturer and integrator of commercial, financial and industrial biometric verification systems. -0-
The statements in this press release that relate to future plans, events and performance are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including risks associated with uncertainties pertaining per·tain
intr.v. per·tained, per·tain·ing, per·tains
1. To have reference; relate: evidence that pertains to the accident.
2. to customer orders, including those with the State of New Jersey and/or any state municipality MUNICIPALITY. The body of officers, taken collectively, belonging to a city, who are appointed to manage its affairs and defend its interests. , demand for products and services, development of markets for the company's products and services and other risks identified in the company's SEC filings. Actual results, events and performance may differ materially. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The company undertakes no obligation to release publicly the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
CONTACT: Allen & Caron Inc
Damon Wright (investors), 212/698-1360
Owen Daley (media), 714/252-8440