Robert McConnell & Steve Pilcher
178 Willowdale Avenue, Suite 201, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M2N 4Y8
1894917294 $7.95 1-877-730-9052
Charmingly written by Robert McConnell and whimsically whim·si·cal
1. Determined by, arising from, or marked by whim or caprice. See Synonyms at arbitrary.
2. Erratic in behavior or degree of unpredictability: a whimsical personality. illustrated by Steve Pilcher, the art director for "Shrek 2", Norbert Nipkin is an enchanting en·chant·ing
Having the power to enchant; charming: enchanting music.
en·chanting·ly adv. , brilliant picturebook following the adventures of little Norbert Nipkin through a fantasy world. Rhyming rhyme also rime
1. Correspondence of terminal sounds of words or of lines of verse.
a. A poem or verse having a regular correspondence of sounds, especially at the ends of lines.
b. verse tells of little Norbert's meeting with a terrifying ter·ri·fy
tr.v. ter·ri·fied, ter·ri·fy·ing, ter·ri·fies
1. To fill with terror; make deeply afraid. See Synonyms at frighten.
2. To menace or threaten; intimidate. , Nipkin-eating Zlog. Yet when Norbert cries out an appeal just before being devoured, the Zlog is startled star·tle
v. star·tled, star·tling, star·tles
1. To cause to make a quick involuntary movement or start.
2. To alarm, frighten, or surprise suddenly. See Synonyms at frighten. ; he knew that Nipkins tasted good, but he never knew they could talk. A fast bond of friendship develops between two very different creatures, and the Zlog hides young Norbert from a bigger hungry Zlog, in this story about the common qualities that bind big and small individuals, in this classic tale since its original publication in 1978. Also highly recommended is the sequel, Norbert Nipkin And The Magic Riddle Stone.