New valves good for offshore platforms.
Parker Instrumentation has launched ball and needle instrumentation valves optimised for high pressure fluid control applications operating at up to 20,000 PSI/1379 bar.
Available configured with ParkerCOs innovative high-pressure Phastite tube connector ends Co which offer outstanding performance in vibration environments Co the valves offer exceptional integrity to meet the higher pressure hydraulic control and other demanding instrumentation applications that are increasingly being faced in the offshore oil and gas sector. The new ball and needle valves needle valve
A valve having a slender point fitting into a conical seat, used to regulate accurately the flow of a liquid or gas. Co 20K Hi-Pro ball valve ball valve
A valve regulated by the position of a free-floating ball that moves in response to fluid or mechanical pressure. and 20K H-Series needle valve Co are fabricated fab·ri·cate
tr.v. fab·ri·cat·ed, fab·ri·cat·ing, fab·ri·cates
1. To make; create.
2. To construct by combining or assembling diverse, typically standardized parts: from 316 stainless steel stainless steel: see steel.
Any of a family of alloy steels usually containing 10–30% chromium. The presence of chromium, together with low carbon content, gives remarkable resistance to corrosion and heat. as standard, and offered in Nace (corrosion) compliant and HCT Hct
HCT Hematocrit, see there (heat code traceable) versions. Available with 1/4, 3/8 or 9/16 inch, or 6, 8, 10 and 12 mm tube connections, the valvesCO 6 mm bore sizes provide maximum flow rates (Cv) of 0.66 for the needle version, and 1.56 for the ball valve. The 20K Hi-Pro Ball Valve utilises a novel two-piece construction, reducing potential leak paths. It is fully bidirectional The ability to move, transfer or transmit in both directions. and is actuated ac·tu·ate
tr.v. ac·tu·at·ed, ac·tu·at·ing, ac·tu·ates
1. To put into motion or action; activate: electrical relays that actuate the elevator's movements.
2. by a 90 degree turn for fast on/off action, with stops for positive user feedback. An integral gland adjuster is secured by means of ParkerCOs proprietary Tru-Loc mechanism. The valve mechanism works on the floating ball principle, and offers 100 per cent bubble tight operation. Peek (polyetherketone) seat material is utilised to allow operation over a wide temperature range from -20 to +200 degrees C (-4 to +392 degrees F). A novel design of seat allows the 20K Hi-Pro ball valve to be manufactured from just two body pieces Co the main body and one insert Co rather than a conventional three-piece approach (body and two inserts). This eliminates a potential leak path. The two-piece design simplifies valve installation, as it greatly minimises the risk of damage from over-tightening. The 20K H-Series needle valve has a multi-turn action, which provides a fine flow control mechanism. An integral gland adjuster is secured by means of ParkerCOs proprietary Tru-Loc mechanism. The valveCOs metal seat allows operation over a wide temperature range from -54 to +200 degrees C. The new valves are available with an innovative new type of connector called Phastite. Compared with cone and thread ends, a valve fitted with Phastite connectors provides a number of major benefits. First and foremost, it greatly reduces assembly time as a seal is made in seconds by simply pushing the Phastite collar along the tube using a hand-held hydraulic tool. As the collar moves it forces profiles on the internal sleeve to bite, providing a high-pressure, leak-tight seal. In contrast, cone and thread fittings require time-consuming precision thread cutting and coning operations to prepare the tube for assembly, as well as subsequent testing. However, conventional cone and thread style fittings are also available if required. Phastite tube ends also allow material cost and weight savings to be made as the connections do not require more expensive tubing with extra thickness to accommodate the thread. Moreover, Phastite is inherently resistant to vibration. Many applications for the new high pressure valves can be found on the topsides of todayCOs offshore platforms. These include hydraulic systems Noun 1. hydraulic system - a mechanism operated by the resistance offered or the pressure transmitted when a liquid is forced through a small opening or tube for wellhead well·head
1. The source of a well or stream.
2. A principal source; a fountainhead.
3. The structure built over a well.
1. control, emergency shut down, chemical injection, pumping packages, gas booster systems, and test equipment.
A[umlaut umlaut (m`lout) [Ger.,=transformed sound], in inflection, variation of vowels of the type of English man to men. ] Copyright 2008 www.tradearabia.com
Copyright 2008 Al Hilal Publishing & Marketing Group
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company