New search function and updated packets offer more information, faster.The Exchange lets ATLA ATLA Association of Trial Lawyers of America
ATLA American Theological Library Association
ATLA American Trial Lawyers Association
ATLA Air Transport Licensing Authority (Hong Kong)
ATLA Avatar: The Last Airbender plaintiff attorneys share their case strategies, court documents, depositions, experts, and other knowledge--and now you can get results faster. The new Sort function lets you search by document type, case name, chronology, case date, witness names, jurisdiction, and more.
New and updated litigation An action brought in court to enforce a particular right. The act or process of bringing a lawsuit in and of itself; a judicial contest; any dispute.
When a person begins a civil lawsuit, the person enters into a process called litigation. packets provide practical material on legal topics and trial advocacy issues to help you prepare and try your client's case.
A new insurance packet, "Bad Faith Denial of Workers' Compensation workers' compensation, payment by employers for some part of the cost of injuries, or in some cases of occupational diseases, received by employees in the course of their work. Benefits: How AIG AIG addressee indicator group (US DoD)
AIG American International Group, Inc
AiG Answers in Genesis (religious group in defense of Scripture)
AIG Artificial Intelligence Group
AIG Australian Industry Group and American Home Assurance Allow Financial Incentives to Interfere with Proper Claims Handling," profiles a claim in which the carrier and its third-party administrator denied benefits claiming the need for medical treatment related to a previous accident.
The plaintiff produced evidence that the defendants received financial incentives to cut claim costs, and a jury found AIG fully responsible for breach of its duty and liable for lifetime medical care and disability benefits. The packet contains key court documents, depositions and deposition summaries, and trial transcripts with summaries from AIG claims-handling personnel, the plaintiff's insurance expert, and orthopedic surgeon.
The Exchange has updated seven of its most popular packets.
* "Admissibility of Expert Testimony Testimony about a scientific, technical, or professional issue given by a person qualified to testify because of familiarity with the subject or special training in the field. : What Plaintiff Lawyers Need to Know" addresses how to "Daubert-proof' your expert using his or her reports and depositions
* "Electronic Discovery" shares strategies for navigating the process to locate and obtain the electronically stored smoking gun
* "Heart Device Recalls: How Guidant, Medtronic, and St. Jude Medical St. Jude Medical, Inc. NYSE: STJ is a $2.9 billion global cardiovascular device company, with headquarters in St. Paul, Minnesota, United States. The company sells products in more than 100 countries and has over 20 operations and manufacturing facilities worldwide. Placed Profits Over Patients" provides up-to-date recall information and practical tools to assess and prepare heart device-related products liability cases
* "LASIK LASIK laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis.
Eye surgery in which the surface of the cornea is reshaped using a laser, performed to correct certain refractive disorders such as myopia. " focuses on laser eye surgery injuries resulting from improper screening, surgeon error, equipment malfunction, lack of informed consent, and postoperative complications postoperative complications,
n.pl unexpected problems that arise following surgery. The most frequent are bleeding, infection, and protracted pain.
* "Mandatory Arbitration" is a reference manual to use when confronted with mandatory arbitration clauses in a variety of contracts
* "Taking Depositions: Experts, Lay Witnesses, and Corporate Representatives" encompasses effective deposition strategies
* "Voir Dire and Jury Selection: What You Absolutely Have to Know and Do" contains comprehensive materials on all issues to be considered in jury selection.
For more information, visit www. exchange.atla.org, or call the Exchange at (800) 344-3023.