New plant commissioned.
Nigerian President Obasanjo has commissioned the Geregu Gas Turbine Power Plant, the first brand new power plant funded and commissioned by his administration. Built at a cost of [euro] 195m ($256m), it has the capacity to generate 414 megawatts of electric power. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Nigeria's minister of energy, Edmund Daukoru Dr. Edmund Daukoru of Nigeria is the Nigerian Minister of Energy and former President of OPEC (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries) (2006). He is from the oil-rich Bayelsa state. He holds a Ph.D in Geology from Imperial College in London. , two new plants in Omotosho and Papalanto, which will add an additional 670MWs to the national grid national grid
Brit & NZ
1. a network of high-voltage power lines linking major electric power stations
2. the arrangement of vertical and horizontal lines on an ordnance survey map , are also to be commissioned shortly with seven further gas plants commissioned by the end of the year.
Nigeria is seeking private sector participation in the power sector in a bid to boost power generation from about 3,000MW to 10,000MW by the end of 2007. The government also plans to privatise Verb 1. privatise - change from governmental to private control or ownership; "The oil industry was privatized"
manufacture, industry - the organized action of making of goods and services for sale; "American industry is making increased use of state owned power companies.