New mechanism measures short-term tourism outlook.A new evaluation tool developed by the World Tourism Organization (WTO See World Trade Organization. ), Madrid, attempts to monitor and quantify Quantify - A performance analysis tool from Pure Software. the short-term Short-term
Any investments with a maturity of one year or less.
1. Of or relating to a gain or loss on the value of an asset that has been held less than a specified period of time. outlook for tourism--and its most recent findings suggest that the industry might be close to reaching a turning point. The measurement tool is based on ratings by tourism professionals of the outlook for tourism in different regions, using a scale of 1-5 with 1 indicating "much worse" and 5 indicating "much better."
A panel of 100 tourism experts recently assembled as·sem·ble
v. as·sem·bled, as·sem·bling, as·sem·bles
1. To bring or call together into a group or whole: assembled the jury.
2. by WTO gave the August-September period an outlook rating of 3.6, up from 2.8 for the January-April period. All regions--including Europe, Asia and the Pacific, the Americas, Africa, and the Middle East--shared expectations of improvement for the May-August period. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. WTO, the outlook for Asia and the Pacific (3.1) clearly reflects the concern about SARS, but with the outbreak "virtually under control" as of late June, prospects are expected to improve quickly in that region by the end of the year.
The "WTO World Tourism Barometer" is intended to provide the tourism sector with adequate and timely information and will be published three times a year (January, June, and October). See www.world-tourism.org for more information.