New York Fashion Week Gets Global.
Global Fashion Association Brings International Talent to NY Fashion Week With the Launch of "Runway212"
NEW YORK New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of , Nov. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Already plugged into more than a dozen international Fashion Weeks around the world, the Global Fashion Association (GFA) is set to make its New York City New York City: see New York, city.
New York City
City (pop., 2000: 8,008,278), southeastern New York, at the mouth of the Hudson River. The largest city in the U.S. debut this February with its concept called "Runway212." Committed to promoting the most innovative design talent from all over the world, the GFA aims to be every designer and coordinator's one-stop Fashion Week resource. From securing the most supportive sponsors to creating the just-right runway atmosphere, the GFA team -- all of whose members have extensive fashion industry experience -- execute each member's vision, beginning to end...to after-party. Each member of the GFA network has dedicated production, PR, and marketing teams at their disposal, providing holistic services under one metaphorical and literal roof.
With Runway212, GFA has bundled resources together for designers in a one-stop shopping experience. From managing front of house to coordinating backstage, GFA ensures its members a seamless and successful Fashion Week experience. GFA has built in global exposure for every designer's show and can also arrange introductions to the full gamut of services such as top model agents, hair stylists, and makeup professionals. By pooling both American and international designers' entire processes in one central place, GFA manages the clamor of Fashion Week for both the creative talent and the attending editors, stylists, and buyers.
The venue where Runway212 designers will showcase their Fall 2011 collections is a stunning, one million square foot former railway station, nicknamed "The Tunnel." Built in 1891 and overlooking the Hudson River Hudson River
River, New York, U.S. Originating in the Adirondack Mountains and flowing for about 315 mi (507 km) to New York City, it was named for Henry Hudson, who explored it in 1609. Dutch settlement of the Hudson valley began in 1629. , it is a unique space with a sleek, industrial feel (hardwood floors, exposed brick walls) that will serve as the ideal backdrop for all design aesthetics, from classic sportswear to avant-garde. Runway212 has three show spaces at the location from which designers can choose:
"Diane": 7' by 65' U-shaped runway with bench seating up to 290 (132 front-row).
"Michelle": 7' by 65' straight runway with chair seating up to 150 (60 front-row).
"Lacey": 21' by 26' open presentation space with white walls and polished cement floors.
Since launching in 2007, the Global Fashion Association (GFA) has built an international reputation as one of the most capable and connected networks for all things Fashion Week. From high-profile runway shows in Moscow to intimate presentations and after-parties in Oslo, GFA exists to assist its members, the owner and operators of Fashion Weeks around the world, with every phase of every Fashion Week's biannual bi·an·nu·al
1. Happening twice each year; semiannual.
2. Occurring every two years; biennial.
bi·an production and provide opportunities to share their designers with a global audience. To learn more visit http://www.globalfashionassociation.com
* Amsterdam International Fashion Week (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
* New Zealand New Zealand (zē`lənd), island country (2005 est. pop. 4,035,000), 104,454 sq mi (270,534 sq km), in the S Pacific Ocean, over 1,000 mi (1,600 km) SE of Australia. The capital is Wellington; the largest city and leading port is Auckland. Fashion Week (Auckland, New Zealand)
* Belgrade Fashion Week (Belgrade, Serbia)
* Dublin Fashion Week (Dublin, Ireland)
* Ukrainian Fashion Week (Kiev, Ukraine)
* Malaysian International Fashion Week (Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur (kwä`lə lm`pr), city (1990 est. pop. , Malaysia)
* Moda Lisboa (Lisbon, Portugal)
* Fashion Week Mexico (Mexico City Mexico City
Spanish Ciudad de México
City (pop., 2000: city, 8,605,239; 2003 metro. area est., 18,660,000), capital of Mexico. Located at an elevation of 7,350 ft (2,240 m), it is officially coterminous with the Federal District, which occupies 571 sq mi , Mexico)
* Miami Fashion Week (Miami, USA)
* Russian Fashion Week (Moscow, Russia)
* New York City Fashion Week (New York City, USA)
* Oslo Fashion Week (Oslo, Norway)
* Prague Fashion Week (Prague, Czech Republic)
* Tel Aviv Fashion Week (Tel Aviv, Israel)
SOURCE Global Fashion Association