New UnboundID[TM] Directory Proxy Server Helps High-Volume Applications Tap into the Power of Directory Services 2.0.
SAN DIEGO -- At the Burton Group Catalyst Conference, UnboundID Corp., a developer of identity management software for Internet-driven, consumer-facing architectures, today announced the availability of the UnboundID([TM])Directory Proxy Server. The new proxy server is a fast and scalable LDAPv3 gateway that can be used with a number of popular directories, including the recently launched UnboundID Directory Server. Together the solutions are designed to improve identity management performance and support the needs of high-volume distributed applications, such as smart phone applications, text-messaging and cloud computing services.
"As people rely more on complex distributed applications for business and personal use, traditional directory services architectures are having problems supporting them," said Don Bowen, co-founder and VP of Marketing at UnboundID. "With the release of our new proxy server, we can help ensure that directory service requests respond as needed for the new mobile computing paradigm."
The UnboundID Directory Proxy Server allows client applications to securely and seamlessly connect to directory servers to increase the performance of high-volume identity management architectures. Key features include:
* Entry Balancing - allows data to be transparently spread across multiple sets of servers to provide scalability beyond the memory constraints of a single system. It uses a robust memory-based index to efficiently route requests to the appropriate servers without the need to alter the contents or hierarchy of existing data.
* Load Balancing - reduces the overall client load by spreading it across multiple backend servers, which offers greater protection against failures. It can select servers based on their locations and relative health, and can route related requests to the same backend server to improve cache efficiency and avoid problems due to propagation delay.
* High Availability - allows organizations to transparently fail over between servers, while ensuring the workload is balanced across the network topology. If one directory server becomes unavailable, the proxy will route requests to other servers with no data or performance interruptions.
* Data Mapping and Transformation - handles distinguished name (DN) mapping and attribute mapping dynamically to allow clients to continue working when changes have occurred at the directory layer or to work around limitations imposed by clients hard-coded to expect a particular schema or directory structure.
* Security and Access Control - provides additional firewall capabilities as well as constraints and filtering to help protect the directory server from attacks. In addition it allows for more granular security of the directory server layers to limit access to certain parts of the directory to specific users.
More information on the UnboundID Directory Services 2.0 platform and the new UnboundID Directory Proxy Server can be found at www.unboundid.com
About UnboundID Corp.
UnboundID is an emerging leader in the field of next-generation identity management software. The company's Directory Services 2.0 technology offerings help organizations meet the demands of Internet-driven, consumer-facing architectures. UnboundID is a privately-held company based in Austin, Texas and is funded by Silverton Partners. For more information, visit www.unboundid.com
UnboundID is a trademark of UnboundID Corp. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jul 28, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Spinnaker Sales and Operations Planning Services Drive Crucial Value for Supply Chain Clients.|
|Next Article:||MyProductAdvisor.com Launches Server Platform in China.|