New Software VDI Blaster[TM] from Devon IT Transforms Aging Computers into Thin Clients.Software program extends the useful life of PCs, helps users test the dynamics of thin client computing See thin client.
KING OF PRUSSIA King of Prussia, industrialized suburban area (1990 pop. 18,406), Montgomery co., SE Pa. It has glass and steel fabricating, food processing, printing and publishing, and varied manufacturing (textiles, liquified petroleum gas, water-treatment and electrical , Pa. -- Devon IT, an alternative desktop solution company and the fastest growing provider of thin client solutions, today announced the release of VDI (1) (Video Device Interface) An Intel standard for speeding up full-motion video performance. See DCI.
(2) (Virtual Device Interface) An ANSI standard format for creating device drivers. VDI has been incorporated into CGI. Blaster[TM], a software program that extends the life of old desktop computers by converting them into thin clients.
Users download VDI Blaster to PCs via a USB key (1) An alternate term for a flash memory-based USB drive. See USB drive.
(2) A flash memory-based USB drive that is used to identify and authenticate a user. See authentication token. or a network install. VDI Blaster deploys Devon IT's thin client operating system See desktop operating system. , DeTOS[TM], and upon restart users can choose to run DeTOS and connect to a network. In future releases, VDI Blaster will support other brands of thin client devices and allow administrators to manage them all from a single management interface.
* Extends the useful life of aging PCs
* Use virtual desktops, simply and cost effectively with no hardware replacement necessary
* Maintains Windows desktop experience
* Centrally manage converted PCs
* Plug and play replacement of PC to a thin client when ready
* Convert back to Windows operating system operating system (OS)
Software that controls the operation of a computer, directs the input and output of data, keeps track of files, and controls the processing of computer programs. as needed as needed prn. See prn order.
"Using VDI Blaster to convert aging enterprise PCs into secure, managed desktop appliances enables organizations of all sizes to extend their capital investment in PCs while testing thin client computing models," explained Joe Makoid, President, Devon IT. "Traditional desktops typically need to be refreshed or replaced every three or four years, but companies and organizations can now extend the life of these PCs by converting them into thin clients. Users can simultaneously test hosted client computing (1) Running a program in a user's machine.
(2) Using thin clients in a network. See thin client. methods, and we hope VDI Blaster will continue the momentum of IT administrators moving from desktop PCs to hosted client environments."
"The ability to re-purpose existing PCs into thin clients allows organizations to leverage their investments in existing desktop hardware while fully realizing the benefits of centrally controlled and managed desktop environments," said Jerry Chen, senior director of desktop virtualization Simultaneously running multiple copies of the same operating system or different operating systems on a desktop computer. See virtual machine. , VMware. "The combination of Devon IT's VDI Blaster and VMware View[TM] helps equip enterprises with a cost-effective desktop solution that eases the migration from a distributed desktop model to a more secure and flexible virtualized environment."
"Despite the well-known benefits of virtual desktops, there are cost and operational barriers to overcome in the early stages of deployment," explained Adan Martinez, IT Manager, BlueArc Corporation. "Many IT administrators struggle to justify additional hardware investments into thin clients when current PCs are functional, and rollback strategies must be created during the virtual desktop infrastructure. VDI Blaster installs a dedicated thin client on any PC without disrupting the existing operating system installation, making it the perfect strategic solution to eliminate these virtual desktop deployment obstacles."
Devon IT's VDI Blaster is currently available directly from Devon IT for $19.95USD USD
In currencies, this is the abbreviation for the U.S. Dollar.
The currency market, also known as the Foreign Exchange market, is the largest financial market in the world, with a daily average volume of over US $1 trillion. . For more information about VDI Blaster and Devon IT's server-based computing, or thin client technologies, or to arrange for a demonstration, email email@example.com, or call 610-757-4220 or toll-free 888-524-9382. Information is also available at http://www.devonit.com/software/vdi-blaster/overview .
About Devon IT
Devon IT is an information technology company that focuses on offering thin client hardware and software for alternative desktop solutions that provide enterprise customers with greater security, enhanced manageability, improved reliability, and lower costs. Devon IT's products are orderable from IBM (International Business Machines Corporation, Armonk, NY, www.ibm.com) The world's largest computer company. IBM's product lines include the S/390 mainframes (zSeries), AS/400 midrange business systems (iSeries), RS/6000 workstations and servers (pSeries), Intel-based servers (xSeries) and Devon develops products that support IBM's Virtual Client Solutions. More information is available at www.devonit.com.
All company, brand, or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders. Devon products sold through IBM's Third Party Options, Vendor Logo Hardware, & Vendor Logo Software programs are not IBM products and are licensed, serviced and supported exclusively by Devon in accordance with Devon's terms and conditions.