New Hampshire Maple weekend March 24 and 25.
* Stonewall Farm, 242 Chesterfield Rd., Keene, 357-7278 or 352-0457. stonewallfarm.org. Tours, demonstrations, samples, sap gathering race, pony rides, hayrides and refreshments.
* Olkkola Farm, 30 Walker Rd., Ossipee, 539-3535, olkkolafarm.com Open house with tours, demonstrations and refreshments including sugar on snow and maple sap-flavored coffee.
* The Maple Guys Sugar Shack, 146 Schoolhouse Rd., Lyndeborough, 888-627-5349 or 801-3158, mapleguys.com. 2005 and 2007 winner of the Carlisle Trophy for Best Maple Syrup in New Hampshire. Open house from noon to until 4 p.m. will include tours, demonstrations and refreshments including "maple dogs."
* The Sugar Shack, 314 Route 4, Barrington, 1-800-57-MAPLE, maplesugarshack.net. Tours and demonstrations, all-you-can-eat-breakfasts, gift shops.
* Parker's Maple Barn, 1316 Brookline Rd.. Mason, 1-800-832-2308, parkersmaplebarn.com. Demonstrations, breakfast and lunch, gift shop.
* Maple Madness March hosted by the Bed and Breakfasts Inn Mount Washington Valley: A dozen of the region's inns get together to host a weekend of inn-to-inn travel with a scavenger hunt for great prizes. Special package deals including maple-inspired cuisine are being offered. To view the inns included in the Maple Madness march or for more information visit bbinnsmwv.com and click on "events."
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Off the Clock|
|Publication:||New Hampshire Business Review|
|Date:||Mar 16, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Must be the season of the maple.|
|Next Article:||The three ex-amigos.|