New HIPAA security guidance papers released.Three new papers are now available from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), previously known as the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), is a federal agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) that administers the Medicare program and in its series of Health +Insurance Portability and Accountability Act There are a number of piece of legislation known as the Accountability Act:
The guidance papers are designed to give HIPAA-covered entities insight into security standards mandated by HIPAA and assist them in implementing the standards. CMS (1) See content management system and color management system.
(2) (Conversational Monitor System) Software that provides interactive communications for IBM's VM operating system. will release seven papers in total, each focusing on a specific topic related to the security rule. To date, five papers have been released, including:
* "Security 101 for Covered Entities"
* "Security Standards--Administrative Safeguards"
* "Security Standards--Physical Safeguards"
* "Security Standards--Technical Safeguards"
* "Security Standards--Organizational Policies & Procedures, and Documentation Requirements"
Two others--"Basics of Risk Analysis & Risk Management" and "Implementation for the Small Provider"--will be released soon.
To access the papers, visit www.cms.hhs.gov/hipaa/hipaa2/education/default.asp.