New ED on benefit plan investment disclosures.The AICPA AICPA
See American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). employee benefit plans committee and AcSEC issued an exposure draft of a proposed statement of position, Accounting for and Reporting of Certain Employee Benefit Plan Investments and Other Disclosure Matters, for public comment. The comment period, which began in mid-May, runs until July 17, 1999.
The proposed SOP amends AMENDS. A satisfaction, given by a wrong doer to the party injured for a wrong committed. 1 Lilly's Reg. 81.
2. By statute 24 Geo. II. c. 44, in England, and by similar statutes in some of the United States, justices of the peace, upon being notified of an the AICPA audit and accounting guide, Audits of Employee Benefit Plans; SOP 94-4, Reporting of Investment Contracts Held by Health and Welfare Benefit Plans and Defined-Contribution Plans Defined-Contribution Plan
A retirement plan wherein a certain amount or percentage of money is set aside each year for the benefit of the employee. There are restrictions as to when and how you can withdraw these funds without penalties. ; and SOP 92-6, Accounting and Reporting by Health and Welfare Benefit Plans. It simplifies the disclosures plans must make for certain investments and also supersedes AICPA Practice Bulletin 12, Reporting Separate Investment Fund Option Information of Defined-Contribution Pension Plans defined-contribution pension plan
A pension plan in which an employer's periodic payments into the plan, rather than eventual retirement benefits to employees, are specified. .
When issued in final form, the proposed SOP will affect defined-contribution pension plans as follows. It will
* Eliminate the disclosures such plans are required to make for participant-directed investment programs.
* Eliminate the disclosures such plans are required to make to present plan investments by general type in the statement of net assets Net assets
The difference between total assets on the one hand and current liabilities and noncapitalized long-term liabilities on the other hand.
See owners' equity. available for benefits for participant-directed investment options.
* Require the plans to identify those investments that represent 5% or more of net assets available for nonparticipant-directed benefits.
* Eliminate the disclosures, by investment fund option, that such plans, as well as health and welfare plans, are required to make relating to relating to relate prep → concernant
relating to relate prep → bezüglich +gen, mit Bezug auf +acc benefit-responsive investment contracts.
Copies of the ED can be obtained from the AICPA order department by calling 888-777-7077 and asking for document no. 800129JA. The ED will also be available on the AICPA Web site, www.AICPA.org.
Comments on the ED should be mailed to Wendalyn Frederick, Technical Manager, Professional Standards and Services, File Q511, AICPA, 1455 Pennsylvania Avenue Pennsylvania Avenue is a street in Washington, D.C. joining the White House and the United States Capitol. Called "America's Main Street," it is the location of official parades and processions, as well as protest marches and civilian protests. , NW, Suite 400, Washington, D.C. 20004-1081 so they are received by July 17. Responses may also be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.