Negotiating a Contract and Closing the Deal.A new online Web Lecture by recruiting expert Sue Cejka is now available from ACPE ACPE Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
ACPE American Council on Pharmaceutical Education
ACPE American College of Physician Executives
ACPE Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. . Negotiating a Contract and Closing the Deal provides valuable insights on how to get the best contract for you ... and the organization.
Here's a look at some of the items covered in this hour-long lecture:
* Be tactful tact·ful
Possessing or exhibiting tact; considerate and discreet: a tactful person; a tactful remark.
tact . If you negotiate a long time down to the last penny, the offer could be pulled or the hiring organization could come to resent re·sent
tr.v. re·sent·ed, re·sent·ing, re·sents
To feel indignantly aggrieved at.
[French ressentir, to be angry, from Old French resentir, you before you get there.
* If the organization offers you good a deal, say thank you. They may have offered you their best deal right off the bat and you should be gracious gra·cious
1. Characterized by kindness and warm courtesy.
2. Characterized by tact and propriety: responded to the insult with gracious humor.
3. and grateful.
* Every item in your resume should be quantifiable.
* You can expect a 20 percent increase in salary if you are employed and moving to a new organization.
* Salary ranges are inflexible. Organizations almost never give the top of the range because they need to give you raises over the next few years.
* Some benefits are negotiable--salary, start date, signing bonus A signing bonus or sign-on bonus is a sum of money paid to a new employee by a company as an incentive to join that company. These are often given as a way of making a compensation package more attractive to the employee e.g. if the annual salary is lower than they desire. . Some are not--bonus percent, benefits, restrictive convenant.
To order your copy call ACPE today at 800-562-8088 or order online at www.acpe.org/toolkit