Negotiating a Contract and Closing the Deal.
Here's a look at some of the items covered in this hour-long lecture:
* Be tactful. If you negotiate a long time down to the last penny, the offer could be pulled or the hiring organization could come to resent you before you get there.
* If the organization offers you good a deal, say thank you. They may have offered you their best deal right off the bat and you should be gracious and grateful.
* Every item in your resume should be quantifiable.
* You can expect a 20 percent increase in salary if you are employed and moving to a new organization.
* Salary ranges are inflexible. Organizations almost never give the top of the range because they need to give you raises over the next few years.
* Some benefits are negotiable--salary, start date, signing bonus. Some are not--bonus percent, benefits, restrictive convenant.
To order your copy call ACPE today at 800-562-8088 or order online at www.acpe.org/toolkit