NationsRent Support of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Helps Wells, Maine Family Achieve Their Dream.
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Tonight's episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition introduces us to Doug Goodale, a lobsterman lob·ster·man
1. A man whose occupation is catching lobsters.
2. A ship used in locating and catching lobsters.
Noun 1. , one of the country's most dangerous professions. The Extreme Team will arrive just in time to help this fisherman get his biggest catch of all - a brand new home for his family.
On a fateful fate·ful
1. Vitally affecting subsequent events; being of great consequence; momentous: a fateful decision to counterattack.
2. Controlled by or as if by fate; predetermined.
3. day in September 1997, Doug pushed out of Wells Harbor at dead low tide Dead Low Tide was a short-lived rock band from Seattle, Washington. It featured singer Spencer Moody, guitarist Nate Manny, bassist Mike Kunka, and drummer Coady Willis. History . A huge wave hit the boat while he was pulling up his first catch, and as a result, Doug lost his left arm. Being forced into a new existence was no small challenge. Knowing that he had to continue to provide for his wife Rebecca and their two daughters, Doug miraculously taught himself how to fish with one arm and rebuilt his boat. Unfortunately, due to his meager mea·ger also mea·gre
1. Deficient in quantity, fullness, or extent; scanty.
2. Deficient in richness, fertility, or vigor; feeble: the meager soil of an eroded plain.
3. wages and massive medical bills, Doug was unable to repair his family home. Their furnace, windows, and chimney are literally falling apart, making it difficult to heat - a huge problem considering they live in one of the coldest climates in the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. !
Enter Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. After being nominated by a neighbor, more than 1,000 volunteers worked with Katahdin Cedar Log Homes to replace Goodale's double-wide mobile home with a big L-shaped log home that features overhanging gables Gables may refer to:
Lookout in the form of a turret, cupola (small, lanternlike dome), or garden house set on a height to give an extensive view. Few late-18th- and 19th-century rustic gazebos survive, but 17th-century turrets built up in an angle of the garden wall are not uncommon. . NationsRent provided most of the equipment used in the build, including excavators, plate compactors, light towers, skidsteers, forklifts, rollers, boom lifts, heaters, backhoes, bulldozers, saws, augers, and various skidsteer attachments such as grapples, hammers, and augers. Several NationsRent employees showed their community spirit by pitching in help build the home.
The donation of equipment for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition by NationsRent is typical of the Company's support of charitable or philanthropic organizations that directly benefit the communities in which they operate. The Company supports qualified organizations and programs through the donation of products and in-kind services, event sponsorships, and employee contributions. The Company has also established its internal NationsRent Employee Relief Fund as a method to provide assistance to NationsRent employees or their immediate dependents who have experienced a catastrophic event in their lives and are, therefore, in need of either temporary or long term help beyond their existing resources.
NationsRent is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida Fort Lauderdale, known as the "Venice of America" due to its expansive and intricate canal system, is a city in Broward County, Florida, United States. The city's population is described as metropolitan, where diverse culture is commonplace. According to 2006 U.S. , and is one of the country's leading full service equipment solutions providers, operating 268 locations (including 100 at Lowe's Home Improvement locations) in 26 states. NationsRent stores offer a broad range of high-quality construction equipment for rent and for sale, along with parts, merchandise, and technical support. The Company's focus is on superior customer service at affordable prices with convenient locations in major metropolitan markets throughout the U.S. More information is available at http://www.nationsrent.com.
About "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. David Goldberg is the president of Endemol USA. The series is executive-produced by Tom Forman. The show airs Sundays (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET), on the ABC Television ABC Television may refer to: