Names in the news.
* Robert J. Bahash, CPA (New York City Chapter), was appointed to serve on the Board of Directors of WMS Industries Inc., in Waukegan, Ill. Bahash is Executive Vice President and CFO for The McGraw-Hill Cos.
* Aline Belanger (Quebec Chapter) has been appointed CFO of EnGlobe Corp. (TSX: EG). EnGlobe Corp. is an integrated environmental services company in Burlington.
* Michael Cangemi, CPA (New Jersey Chapter), was named to the Advisory Board of Approva Corp. Cangemi is President and CEO of FEI.
* Christine Gray-Smith (Silicon Valley Chapter) was appointed Senior Vice President and CFO of Anacor Pharmaceuticals in Palo Alto, Calif. Anacor, a privately held, clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, is developing novel product candidates for inflammatory and infectious diseases.
* Philip B. Livingston, CPA (New Jersey Chapter), was elected to the Board of Directors of QLT Inc., in Vancouver, B.C. Livingston is Vice Chairman of Approva Corp. and is a former President and CEO of FEI. He also serves on the board of Cott Corp.
* Andrew Masetti (District of Columbia Chapter) was named CFO for Sentient Medical Systems Inc. in Cockeysville, Md. Sentient Medical Systems is one of the largest providers of intraoperative monitoring services in the U.S.
* Richard S. Neely (Dallas Chapter) was appointed to the Board of Directors of ASDS Media Group in San Antonio. Neely is CFO of Charter Holdings in Dallas.
* Arthur V. Neis (Iowa Chapter) was inducted into the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Business and Industry Hall of Fame in July. Neis is active in the accounting profession and a member of the International Accounting Standards Board Small and Medium Sized Company Reporting Standards Working Group. Additionally, he is active with FEI's Committee on Private Companies Policy Subcommittee.
* Janice O'Brien has been appointed Vice President of Finance for Wildlands Inc. in Rocklin, Calif. Wildlands is a private mitigation and conservation banking firm that has preserved and protected over 22,000 acres of habitat by offering mitigation and conservation solutions to public and private developers.
* Ernest J. Sampias, CPA (Colorado Chapter), was named CFO of Quark Inc., in Denver. Quark is an innovative software company that provides design, production and collaboration solutions.
* Michael S. Skrzypczak (Detroit Chapter) was named Vice President and Treasurer of La-Z-Boy Inc. in Monroe, Mich. La-Z-Boy is a branded residential furniture producer and marketer.
* John Talkington (District of Columbia Chapter), the current CFO of Vital-Spring Technologies Inc., added the responsibilities of Chief Operating Officer to his role. VitalSpring Technologies, of McLean, Va., is an innovator in health-benefits software.
* Lynn Turner (Colorado Chapter) received the American Accounting Association's (AAA) 2007 "Accounting Exemplar Award" at its annual meeting in August. Turner is a former Chief Accountant at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
* denotes FEI member
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Oct 1, 2007|
|Next Article:||Malcolm Persen.|
|CATCHING UP WITH ...: BORISOFF MAKES A QUICK IMPACT FRESHMAN SHINES FOR NO. 1 TROJANS.|
|AgriMarketing's gone Digital!|
|Local AG TV is back.|
|Become a NAMA advocate.|
|What's in a name?|
|You just can't win.|