Names in the news.
Fédération Équestre Internationale. Members:
You are invited to contribute news about career moves and changes. Email Managing Editor Ellen M. Heffes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MARK R. BELGYA, CPA (Computer Press Association, Landing, NJ) An earlier membership organization founded in 1983 that promoted excellence in computer journalism. Its annual awards honored outstanding examples in print, broadcast and electronic media. The CPA disbanded in 2000. (Northeast Ohio Chapter), has added CFO See Chief Financial Officer. to Vice President and Treasurer for The J.M. Smucker Co., the Orrville, Ohio-based jam-maker.
* CRAIG L. BROWN, CPA (Atlanta Chapter), was promoted to Vice President and Controller of Celliance Corp. (a division of Serologicals Corp.), based in Nor-cross, Ga. Celliance is a global provider of cell culture and diagnostic products to the life sciences industry as well as a provider of contract research services.
* MICHAEL J. CASTELLI, CPA (New York City New York City: see New York, city.
New York City
City (pop., 2000: 8,008,278), southeastern New York, at the mouth of the Hudson River. The largest city in the U.S. Chapter), was promoted to Chief Administrative Officer A chief administrative officer (CAO) is responsible for administrative management of private, public or governmental corporations. The CAO is one of the highest ranking members of an organization, managing daily operations and usually reporting directly to the chief executive and Senior Vice President of New York-based American International Group
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) (NYSE: AIG; TYO: 8685 ) is a major American insurance corporation based in New York City. Inc. (AIG), a global insurer and financial services organization.
* PETER A. DARBEE (San Francisco Bay Area “Bay Area” redirects here. For other uses, see Bay Area (disambiguation).
The San Francisco Bay Area, colloquially known as the Bay Area or The Bay Chapter) was promoted to President and CEO of Pacific Gas & Electric Corp. (PG & E), San Francisco, a natural gas and electricity provider. He was also elected a member of the Boards of Directors for the corporation and Pacific Gas and Electric Co.
ROBERT J. DICKSON (Pittsburgh Chapter) was elected to the Board of Trustees board of trustees Politics The posse of thugs who oversee an institution's administration. See Board of directors. of the Emerald Mutual Funds family. Dickson is President of i5 Consulting Solutions in Gibsonia, Pa.
* CHRISTOPHER P. JOHNS, CPA (San Francisco Bay Area Chapter), was promoted to Senior Vice President, CFO and Controller of PG & E Corp., parent company of PG & E Co., a San Francisco-based provider of natural gas and electricity.
* THOMAS M. KITCHEN, CPA (New Orleans Chapter), was named CFO and Executive Vice President of Stewart Enterprises Inc., a Jefferson, La.-based provider of products and services in the U.S. death-care industry. He continues to serve on the company's Board of Directors.
* MATTHEW D. PEIFFER, CPA (Dallas Chapter), was named CFO, Secretary and Treasurer of American 3CI Corp., in Dallas. American 3CI is one of the largest regulated medical waste management companies in the U.S.
* MARK L. ROSE, CPA (Philadelphia Chapter), was named Vice President of Finance, CFO and Treasurer for Protalex Inc., a biotechnology company in New Hope, Pa.
* GIUSEPPE (JOSEPH) SAVONA (Baltimore Chapter), has joined the Board of Directors of CareFirst, Inc. He retired from UnitedHealth Group in 2002.
CHRIS TONG was hired as Senior Vice President, CFO and Treasurer of Noble Energy Inc., a Houston energy company.
HARRY L. You was named CFO of PeopleSoft Corp., in Pleasanton, Calif., and will also remain CFO of Oracle Corp., Redwood Shores, Calif. Oracle has recently acquired PeopleSoft.
* denotes FEI member