Names in the news.
You are invited to contribute news about career moves and changes. Email Managing Editor Ellen M. Heffes, email@example.com.
* MARK R. BELGYA, CPA (Northeast Ohio Chapter), has added CFO to Vice President and Treasurer for The J.M. Smucker Co., the Orrville, Ohio-based jam-maker.
* CRAIG L. BROWN, CPA (Atlanta Chapter), was promoted to Vice President and Controller of Celliance Corp. (a division of Serologicals Corp.), based in Nor-cross, Ga. Celliance is a global provider of cell culture and diagnostic products to the life sciences industry as well as a provider of contract research services.
* MICHAEL J. CASTELLI, CPA (New York City Chapter), was promoted to Chief Administrative Officer and Senior Vice President of New York-based American International Group Inc. (AIG), a global insurer and financial services organization.
* PETER A. DARBEE (San Francisco Bay Area Chapter) was promoted to President and CEO of Pacific Gas & Electric Corp. (PG & E), San Francisco, a natural gas and electricity provider. He was also elected a member of the Boards of Directors for the corporation and Pacific Gas and Electric Co.
ROBERT J. DICKSON (Pittsburgh Chapter) was elected to the Board of Trustees of the Emerald Mutual Funds family. Dickson is President of i5 Consulting Solutions in Gibsonia, Pa.
* CHRISTOPHER P. JOHNS, CPA (San Francisco Bay Area Chapter), was promoted to Senior Vice President, CFO and Controller of PG & E Corp., parent company of PG & E Co., a San Francisco-based provider of natural gas and electricity.
* THOMAS M. KITCHEN, CPA (New Orleans Chapter), was named CFO and Executive Vice President of Stewart Enterprises Inc., a Jefferson, La.-based provider of products and services in the U.S. death-care industry. He continues to serve on the company's Board of Directors.
* MATTHEW D. PEIFFER, CPA (Dallas Chapter), was named CFO, Secretary and Treasurer of American 3CI Corp., in Dallas. American 3CI is one of the largest regulated medical waste management companies in the U.S.
* MARK L. ROSE, CPA (Philadelphia Chapter), was named Vice President of Finance, CFO and Treasurer for Protalex Inc., a biotechnology company in New Hope, Pa.
* GIUSEPPE (JOSEPH) SAVONA (Baltimore Chapter), has joined the Board of Directors of CareFirst, Inc. He retired from UnitedHealth Group in 2002.
CHRIS TONG was hired as Senior Vice President, CFO and Treasurer of Noble Energy Inc., a Houston energy company.
HARRY L. You was named CFO of PeopleSoft Corp., in Pleasanton, Calif., and will also remain CFO of Oracle Corp., Redwood Shores, Calif. Oracle has recently acquired PeopleSoft.
* denotes FEI member