Printer Friendly

NORCEN ADDS PRODUCTION IN GULF OF MEXICO

 NORCEN ADDS PRODUCTION IN GULF OF MEXICO
 CALGARY, Alberta, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Norcen Explorer Inc.,


a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary of Norcen Energy Resources Ltd. (Toronto, Montreal, Alberta: NCN), announced today the commencement of production from Eugene Island Block 162 (OCS-G 11952) in the Gulf of Mexico.
 Since start-up on Sept. 4, 1992, production has averaged 23.8 million cubic feet of gas per day and 700 barrels of condensate per day. When peak production is achieved, rates should rise to at least 30.0 million cubic feet of gas per day and 1,000 barrels of condensate per day.
 Norcen Explorer owns a 60 percent working interest in Eugene Island Block 162, which is a 5,000-acre federal lease, located approximately 35 miles offshore from Louisiana. The remaining 40 percent working interest in the lease is held by Petrobras America Inc.
 Norcen Explorer further announced that the company will shortly be drilling its first well on Eugene Island Block 173 (OCS-G 13622), which is located approximately seven miles southwest of Block 162. The prospect to be drilled on Block 173 is on trend with both the recently developed discovery on Block 162 and an earlier discovery on Eugene Island Block 142. Norcen Explorer holds a 50 percent working interest in Block 173.
 -0- 9/22/92
 /CONTACT: Ron Burrows, manager-investor relations of Norcen Energy Resources, 403-231-0107/
 (NCN.) CO: Norcen Energy Resources Ltd. ST: Alberta IN: OIL SU:


AL -- LA028 -- 2365 09/22/92 16:41 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1992 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1992 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Sep 22, 1992
Words:248
Previous Article:OFFICERS AND SOLE STOCKHOLDERS OF NEW HAMPSHIRE ELECTRONICS COMPANY ARE CHARGED WITH TAX EVASION
Next Article:KATY INDUSTRIES BOARD RECEIVES MERGER PROPOSAL
Topics:


Related Articles
NORCEN ENERGY RESOURCES LTD. ANNOUNCES WELL PLUGGED AND ABANDONED
NORCEN ENERGY RESOURCES LTD. ANNOUNCES RESULTS
NORCEN COMPLETES U.S. ACQUISITION
NORCEN ENERGY RESOURCES LTD. ANNOUNCES FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR 1993
UNOCAL HORIZONTAL WELLS BOOST SOUTH TIMBALIER OIL PRODUCTION BY 5,600 B/D
Coastal Announces New Discovery Well in Gulf of Mexico
Union Pacific Resources Announces Acquisition Agreement for Norcen Energy
Chevron Drills World-Record Deepwater Well
Deepwater production starts signals Gulf is alive and well...

Terms of use | Copyright © 2016 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters