NAMA leader's message. (National NAMA News).Who among us is not affected by the increasing "speed of business"? With the growing use of technology in today's society, one may believe that personal communications are taking on a very impersonal tone. In reality, the use of technology offers opportunities to expand our relationships beyond the previous realm of possibility.
All NAMA Na·ma
n. pl. Nama or Na·mas
1. A member of a people of southwest Africa.
2. The Khoikhoin language of the Nama. members have the opportunity to enlarge the sphere in which they do business by taking advantage of local chapter meetings, seminars, web sites, web conferences and of course, the Agri-Marketing Conference. The result of involvement on any level is an expanded Rolodex and a broader understanding and knowledge of how to approach the issues and challenges facing agriculture today as well as in the future.
Let's focus on the expanded Rolodex for a moment. One of NAMA's goals as a professional organization is to recognize people in the agri-marketing community who excel in their work and businesses. Think of the contacts with whom you interact on a regular basis. How often have you complimented someone for consistently bringing 110% to the work they do? Or for pulling a doomed project from the ashes? Perhaps they've elevated the performance of everyone with which they work. You and your contacts are pivotal in gaining recognition for those individuals that bring so much to the agri-marketing community.
NAMA recognizes outstanding performance in the following are as:
* Awards of Excellence
* Marketing Communications Marketing communications (or marcom) are messages and related media used to communicate with a market. Those who practice advertising, branding, direct marketing, graphic design, marketing, packaging, promotion, publicity, sponsorship, public relations, sales, sales
* Public Relations public relations, activities and policies used to create public interest in a person, idea, product, institution, or business establishment. By its nature, public relations is devoted to serving particular interests by presenting them to the public in the most
* Product/Species Management
* NAMA Marketer of the Year
* Agribusiness Leader of the Year
The Awards of Excellence and the NAMA Marketer of the Year are exclusive to NAMA members. The Awards of Excellence are reserved for individuals that are responsible for the day-to-day execution of duties in the above mentioned job categories. The NAMA Marketer of the Year is most likely someone at a senior management level with oversight responsibilities. The Agribusiness Leader of the Year is NAMA's most prestigious award, encompassing upper-management positions within agricultural based companies. This individual does not have to be a member of NAMA.
Begin going through your Rolodex, Palm Pilot and contact management database now. You are NAMA's best resource for identifying those individuals that are most deserved of recognition. Who knows, you may just be NAMA's next award winner!
Marjory Walker (MIS) - President National Cotton Council, Memphis, TN (901) 274-9030
Teresa Hinrichs (MOK MOK M-ary Orthogonal Keying
MOK Mobile Office Kit (cellular telephony) ) - First Vice President/President Elect CMS (1) See content management system and color management system.
(2) (Conversational Monitor System) Software that provides interactive communications for IBM's VM operating system. , Overland Park Overland Park, city (1990 pop. 111,790), Johnson co., NE Kans., a residential suburb of Kansas City; inc. 1960. There is printing and publishing, and the manufacture of apparel, aircraft parts, cement, prepared foods, salt, chemicals, marine accessories, and signs. , KS (913) 685-0047
Mike Gustafson (MOK) - Sceretary/Treasurer John Deere, Lenexa, KS (913) 310-8318
Branch Carter (SOE SOE - Standard Operating Environment ) Media Products, Inc., Martinez, GA (706) 863-8259
Lia Guthrie (MIS) Vance Publishing, Collierville, TN (901) 853-5067
Jeff Patterson APR APR
See: Annual Percentage Rate (MIL) Swanson Russell Associates, Lincoln, NE (402) 437-6410
Tom Smull (IOA IOA Institute on Aging (University of North Carolina)
IOA Institute of Acoustics
IoA Institute of Astronomy
IOA Indian Olympic Association
IOA Islands of Adventure (Universal Studios theme park) ) Metro Iowa Plus, Des Moines Des Moines, city, United States
Des Moines (dĭ moin`), city (1990 pop. 193,187), state capital and seat of Polk co., S central Iowa, at the junction of the Des Moines and Raccoon rivers; inc. , IA (515) 280-7234
Travis Brown Travis Brown is a common name shared by multiple people. Some of the more notable Travis Browns include:
Sheri Seger (CNA (Certified NetWare Administrator) See Novell certification. ) Progressive Farmer, Chicago, IL (312) 832-0840
Chapter Presidents * BAD Badger (Wisconsin) Ellen Runge LaRose (414) 615-2058 CAR Carolinas/Virginia, Jeff Tennant (919) 790-1912 CCN Central California NAMA, Gary Schulz (800) 999-9186, Dennis Duncan (805) 474-6304 CHE Chesapeake (Baltimore, Philadelphia) Mandy Hilbert (609) 406-3909 CNA Chicago COB Cornbelt (Quad CityArea, IA, IL) Vicki Henrickson (319) 386-4921 DSW Desert South West (Arizona) Jerry Garner (480) 963-0247 EAS Eastern (New York) Brad Bremer (212) 697-2600 FLA Florida GAT Gateway (St. Louis) Deni Kogan (314) 721-6934 GRP Great Plains (Dodge City, Wichita) Susan Armstrong (316) 522-3000 IOA Iowa (Des Moines) Shannon Latham (515) 327-3482 MAM Michigan, Molly Avis (517) 327-3482 MIA Mid-America (Indiana) Mike King (317) 564-2046 MIL Midlands (Omaha) Judy Mauch (402) 372-6423 MIS Midsouth (Memphis) Al Fava (901) 756-8822 MOK Missouri-Kansas, Jeremy Povenmire (816) 842-8881 NCL NAMA Cal (Los Angeles/San Diego) PAC NAMA Pacific (San Francisco/Sacramento) NOC North Central (Minneapolis/St. Paul) Steven Mercer (816) 842-8656 NPR Northern Prairie (Dakotas) Patti McEnroe (701) 775-5325 OHO Ohio, Bob Hothem (614) 825-1797 ROM Rocky Mountain (Denver) Mike Flesher (970) 330-4071 SOE Southeastern (Georgia) Nancy Hood (404) 898-1649 SWT Southwest (Dallas/Ft. Worth/Houston) Cheri Knoy 800-795-5104 * Updated as chapter presidents are elected. Councils ABM Agri-Broadcast Management Council Gary Cooper (407) 436-1909 AIAC Advertising Internet Agribusiness Council Irene Hindman (262) 784-7200 ARC Agricultural Relations Council Brian Baxter (317) 638-2338 CPG Commodity Promotion Council Monte Reese (303) 220-9890
National Agri-Marketing Association 11020 King Street, Suite 205 Overland Park, KS 66210 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web Site: www.nama.org