Morbark 3800 horizontal grinder.
Morbark Inc. of Winn, Mich., has introduced a horizontal grinder--the model 3800 Wood Hog, aimed at mid-range wood and green debris recycling applications.
* The model has a 38-inch by 59 3/4-inch infeed opening. A step-frame design creates space under and within the mill area allowing processed material to exit the grinding chamber freely.
* Equipped with internal hydraulic drive on the feed wheel, as well as a six-tooth drive sprocket on the bed chain, torque is increased to both the yoke and the infeed chain, eliminating wayward debris and congestion at the mill site, according to a news release from the manufacturer.
* The machine has three sections of screen for a total of 3,539 square inches of screening area.
* Engine options include Caterpillar or Cummins diesel engines with horsepower ranges from 400 to 630.
* Electric power is also available.
* Drive train protection comes standard on the model 3800 in the form of a PT Tech hydraulic wet clutch with internal torque limiting device.
* An optional twin disc clutch with full breakaway 8runel torque limiter is also offered.
* The machine also has Morbark's Iqan system, a feed and digital monitoring system that is designed to boost production levels by providing a consistent feed to the grinding chamber.
* The 3800 weighs in at a little more than 53,000 pounds, making it road legal with no permits required for transport. A track model will also be available in the near future.
Visit www.morbark.com or call (800) 831-0042 for more information.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Construction & Demolition Recycling|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Good fortune: the Oregon Department of Transportation launches programs to foster small business success and pump up the statewide economy.|
|Next Article:||Rockland H23 Excavator Grapples.|