Morbark 3800 horizontal grinder.[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]
Morbark Inc. of Winn, Mich., has introduced a horizontal grinder--the model 3800 Wood Hog, aimed at mid-range wood and green debris recycling applications.
* The model has a 38-inch by 59 3/4-inch infeed opening. A step-frame design creates space under and within the mill area allowing processed material to exit the grinding chamber freely.
* Equipped with internal hydraulic drive on the feed wheel, as well as a six-tooth drive sprocket on the bed chain, torque is increased to both the yoke yoke (yok)
1. a connecting structure.
n 1. something that connects or binds. and the infeed chain, eliminating wayward way·ward
1. Given to or marked by willful, often perverse deviation from what is desired, expected, or required in order to gratify one's own impulses or inclinations. See Synonyms at unruly.
2. debris and congestion The condition of a network when there is not enough bandwidth to support the current traffic load.
congestion - When the offered load of a data communication path exceeds the capacity. at the mill site, according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. a news release from the manufacturer.
* The machine has three sections of screen for a total of 3,539 square inches of screening area.
* Engine options include Caterpillar or Cummins diesel engines with horsepower horsepower, unit of power in the English system of units. It is equal to 33,000 foot-pounds per minute or 550 foot-pounds per second or approximately 746 watts. ranges from 400 to 630.
* Electric power is also available.
* Drive train protection comes standard on the model 3800 in the form of a PT Tech hydraulic wet clutch with internal torque limiting device.
* An optional twin disc clutch with full breakaway 8runel torque limiter A torque limiter is a mechanical overload protection device designed to protect mechanical equipment, or its work, from damage. A torque limiter may limit the torque by slipping (as in a friction plate slip-clutch), or uncouple the load entirely (as in a shear pin). is also offered.
* The machine also has Morbark's Iqan system, a feed and digital monitoring system that is designed to boost production levels by providing a consistent feed to the grinding chamber.
* The 3800 weighs in at a little more than 53,000 pounds, making it road legal with no permits required for transport. A track model will also be available in the near future.
Visit www.morbark.com or call (800) 831-0042 for more information.