Microsoft content with Windows Mobile launch.Wednesday Wednesday: see week. , there were news stories about all the bad reviews. <p>Yet, Microsoft (Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA, www.microsoft.com) The most successful and influential software company. Microsoft's software and Intel's hardware pioneered the PC and revolutionized the computer industry. didn't seem to notice. <p>When asked for a reaction about the negative reports (Techcrunch had possibly the most memorable headline: "Windows Mobile The Windows platform from Microsoft for handheld devices, including PDAs, cellphones and Portable Media Centers. See Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Smartphone and Portable Media Center. 6.5 Review: It Still Sucks"), Andy Lees People named Andy Lee include:
- Andy Lee (musician), member of Korean group Shinhwa
- Andy Lee (boxer), Irish boxer
- Andy Lee (comedian), Australian comedian
- Andy Lee (American football), NFL punter
- Andy Lee (director)
- Andy Lee (footballer/ manager)
Software that controls the operation of a computer, directs the input and output of data, keeps track of files, and controls the processing of computer programs. is losing market share, as it competes with new entrants like the iPhone. By the second quarter this year, Windows Mobile's share had decreased to 9%, the lowest since the first quarter of 2006 and down from 14.3% in the second quarter of 2008, according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. research from Canalys. <p>Microsoft doesn't provide predictions, so Lees would not say if he thinks that Windows Mobile 6.5 can boost mobile market share for the company. But he said that the new software has more to appeal to consumers. "I think that will help us," he said. <p>Amid his praise for the operating system, Lees also was careful to call it a "milestone" along a journey. "There will be a whole bunch more milestones coming out over the next 12 to 18 months," he said. <p>It's now up to end-users to decide if the latest update to Windows Mobile and those in the future come in time. Microsoft has been criticized for releasing Windows Mobile 6.5 only now, over two years after the groundbreaking iPhone hit the market. During that time, the iPhone surpassed Windows Mobile, selling 5.2 million phones and cornering 13.7% of the market by the second quarter of 2009, according to Canalys.<p>Copyright 2009 IDG IDG International Data Group
IDG Integrated Drive Generator
IDG Installation Design Guide
IDG Internet Discussion Group
IDG Inset Dielectric Guide
IDG International Dangerous Goods (mail, shipping) Middle East. All rights reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Network World Middle East|
|Date:||Oct 8, 2009|
|Previous Article:||IBM unveils disk archive system, cloud storage tools.|
|Next Article:||Google, authors and publishers get a month to fix settlement.|
|Microsoft launches Windows phones in Gulf.|