Medidata Rave Selected by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals for Enterprise-Wide EDC Deployment.Industry-Leading Global Pharmaceutical Company Looks to Medidata Solutions to Improve Clinical Development Process and Further Build R&D Pipeline
NEW YORK New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of -- Medidata Solutions, a global provider of electronic clinical data capture (EDC EDC
See: Export Development Corp. ), management and reporting solutions, today announced that Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, a division of Wyeth (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange : WYE), has selected Medidata Rave[R] as its enterprise-wide EDC solution. This strategic partnership with Medidata will further enhance Wyeth's clinical operations and build upon successful EDC programs already in place.
"The deployment of EDC technology has been an extremely important initiative at Wyeth - in the past 11 months, we have increased the rate of EDC usage in trials to more than 90 percent," said Ira Spector
Spector is a company that makes bass guitars. Founded in 1974 by self-taught luthier Stuart Spector, Spector's first few instruments were essentially crude , Vice President of Clinical Development Operations at Wyeth Research. "The implementation of Medidata Rave is critical to our ability to further increase and maximize our EDC usage while continuing to improve the overall productivity of our R&D organization."
One of the top 10 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, Wyeth plans to conduct several hundred global studies using Medidata Rave during a seven-year term, with the first trial beginning in the first quarter of 2008.
In order to select its next-generation EDC solution that would support the increasing volume of its R&D pipeline, Wyeth conducted an evaluation of vendors in 2006. Wyeth narrowed its selection to two leading companies and chose Medidata Solutions for Rave's breadth of functionality as well as the company's depth of experience in the marketplace and overall corporate culture. Wyeth anticipates Medidata Rave will bring higher productivity and increased efficiencies and also offer a range of ease-of-use capabilities to the investigators that are of such critical importance to the clinical trial process.
"We are extremely pleased that Wyeth has selected Medidata Rave as its enterprise-wide EDC solution and are committed to collaborating with the company to advance its clinical processes," said Tarek Sherif she·rif also sha·rif
1. A descendant of the prophet Muhammad through his daughter Fatima.
2. The chief magistrate of Mecca in Ottoman times.
3. A Moroccan prince or ruler. , CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. at Medidata Solutions. "Wyeth's strategic decision to move to Medidata Rave as its EDC standard is further proof that our industry-leading technology is the system of choice for life sciences companies of all sizes. Over the past two years, we have seen the industry increasingly move to global, enterprise-wide implementations of Medidata Rave, reflecting the versatility and scalability How much a system can be expanded. See scalable.
scalability - How well a solution to some problem will work when the size of the problem increases.
For example, a central server of some kind with ten clients may perform adequately but with a thousand clients it of our product and services."
About Medidata Solutions Worldwide
Medidata Solutions helps the world's leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and research organizations maximize the value of their clinical research investments. Innovative process design, technology and services streamline streamline, path of a fluid flowing steadily and without appreciable turbulence. A body is said to be streamlined if its shape offers the least possible resistance to a current of air, water, or other fluid. clinical trials by providing early visibility to reliable clinical data - the lifeblood life·blood
1. Blood regarded as essential for life.
2. An indispensable or vital part: Capable workers are the lifeblood of the business. of every research organization. Working with companies and institutions both large and small, Medidata Solutions helps clinical researchers safely accelerate the process of bringing life-enhancing treatments to market - on six continents Six Continents is a large retail PLC in UK which split into Six Continents Retail known as Mitchells and Butlers plc. The hotels and soft drinks business of Six Continents PLC is now known as InterContinental Hotels Group PLC. and in more than 80 countries. Medidata Solutions brings significant value to its broad client base with deep clinical experience and expertise in more than 20 therapeutic areas, projects in Phase I, II, III, IV, registries and surveillance, and studies with thousands of investigators and tens-of-thousands of subjects. For more information, please visit www.mdsol.com.