Medical waste program. (Product Spotlight).Stericycle offers a safe, cost-effective method of containment and disposal of low levels of medical waste. Its Mail-Back Program is designed for facilities where used sharps and/or gauze gauze (gawz) a light, open-meshed fabric of muslin or similar material.
absorbable gauze gauze made from oxidized cellulose. and bandages need to be responsibly handled and removed for the protection of visitors, employees and residents.
A variety of packs in convenient sizes and configurations is available. They range in capacity from one quart to five gallons, providing 20- to 750-needle capacities in single or multiple container packages. Each pack contains FDA-approved sharps container sharps container,
n a container in every clinic that is designed for the disposal of sharps; required and regulated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). (s), absorbent absorbent /ab·sor·bent/ (-sor´bent)
1. able to take in, or suck up and incorporate.
2. a tissue structure involved in absorption.
3. a substance that absorbs or promotes absorption. material, a red plastic liner, tracking forms and a postage-paid shipping container with detailed instructions.
The containers are authorized au·thor·ize
tr.v. au·thor·ized, au·thor·iz·ing, au·thor·iz·es
1. To grant authority or power to.
2. To give permission for; sanction: for pickup by postal carriers or for drop-off at local post offices, and a permanent record of proper disposal is kept on file at Stericycle.
CIRCLE 96 ON READER SERVICE CARD