McQ Receives Contracts to Enhance the Capabilities of Unattended Ground Sensor Systems.
FREDERICKSBURG, Va. -- McQ has recently received six contracts supporting DOD (1) (Dial On Demand) A feature that allows a device to automatically dial a telephone number. For example, an ISDN router with dial on demand will automatically dial up the ISP when it senses IP traffic destined for the Internet. requirements for technical sensor system capabilities. These development and production contracts continue McQ's leading technology position in remote unattended ground sensors.
* Raytheon Phase II Subsurface Navigation McQ recently received a contract to complete the second phase of a subcontract with Raytheon to build a Subsurface Navigation system A GPS-based electronic system in a car or truck that provides a real time map of the vehicle's current location as well as step-by-step directions to a programmed destination. See GPS and vehicle tracking. for DARPA DARPA: see Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
(Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) The name given to the U.S. Advanced Research Projects Agency during the 1980s. It was later renamed back to ARPA. . This contract will produce a prototype system that provides position fix information on personnel operating below ground which prevents the use of traditional GPS aided navigation systems. McQ's subcontract for the prototype system components is 1.5 million dollars.
* Air Force Phase II SBIR SBIR Small Business Innovation Research (program/grant)
SBIR Space Based Infra-Red
SBIR Speaker-Boundary Interference
SBIR Site Backsurface-referenced Ideal Plane/Range (silicon wafers) for a Survivable sur·viv·a·ble
1. Capable of surviving: survivable organisms in a hostile environment.
2. That can be survived: a survivable, but very serious, illness. , Programmable, Integrated Recorder for Experiments McQ received a Phase II SBIR contract with a total cost of 749,500 dollars to build a data recorder for weapon testing. The data recorder will survive a 100,000 "G" shock and provide weapon technical data prior to impact.
* Army Phase II SBIR for Structure Mapping McQ was awarded a Phase II SBIR to develop and deliver a system that maps the internal layout of a building using dimensioning nodes deployed in the building with robotic vehicles or by unskilled personnel. This Phase II contract for 730,000 dollars will allow a 3 dimensional model of the building to be provided and constructed with little access to the building.
* Army Phase I SBIR for Acoustic Detection and Verification of Intrusions Against Military Facilities McQ has been awarded a Phase I SBIR to develop an unattended ground sensor system to uniquely identify when people are attempting to make an unauthorized entry into military facilities. The contract will produce a technical approach for a production system.
* Office of the Secretary Defense-OSD Phase I SBIR for Information Assurance and Anti-Tamper Protection of Network Nodes McQ has been awarded a Phase I SBIR to develop the technologies needed to make remote unattended sensor systems less vulnerable to attacks. McQ and Virginia Tech will research anti-tamper and information security techniques that greatly improve the security of remote devices communicating with wireless RF links.
* L-3 COM (1) (Computer Output Microfilm) Creating microfilm or microfiche from the computer. A COM machine receives print-image output from the computer either online or via tape or disk and creates a film image of each page. TRSS TRSS Training Support Squadron
TRSS Tactical Remote Sensor System
TRSS Token Ring Subsystem
TRSS Tax-Related Stress Syndrome
TRSS Thailand Remote Sensing System
TRSS Teleoperator and Robotic System Simulation
TRSS Triple Screw Steamship Infrared Cameras McQ has recently been awarded a subcontract to provide L-3 COM with IR Thermal Cameras for the USMC Tactical Remote Sensor System (TRSS). The subcontract supports L-3 COM's prime contract with the Marine Corps for TRSS production systems. The 1.7 million dollar subcontract continues McQ's support to L-3 COM for TRSS imaging components.
McQ is a recognized technology leader in remote surveillance, security and environmental monitoring. McQ sensor products are used by the US Army, US Marine Corps, US Department of Homeland Security Noun 1. Department of Homeland Security - the federal department that administers all matters relating to homeland security
executive department - a federal department in the executive branch of the government of the United States , Law Enforcement, and various Commercial Customers. Leading the way as the first company to develop integrated sensor and imagery technology for surveillance purposes, McQ is also the first to interface multiple sensors into a fully integrated communications and data network. McQ has over twenty years TWENTY YEARS. The lapse of twenty years raises a presumption of certain facts, and after such a time, the party against whom the presumption has been raised, will be required to prove a negative to establish his rights.
2. of experience with sensor technology and has earned a reputation for delivering rugged, state of the art surveillance and remote sensor systems for a wide range of commercial and government clients. Visit McQ on the web at www.mcqinc.com.
McQ is an ISO (1) See ISO speed.
(2) (International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, www.iso.ch) An organization that sets international standards, founded in 1946. The U.S. member body is ANSI. 2000:9001 certified company.
Tough sensors for an insensitive planet