McQ Inc Performs Sensor R&D for Government Applications.
McQ Inc. celebrates over 25 years of pushing technology to the limits of innovation
FREDERICKSBURG, Va. -- McQ is currently developing advanced technology for a variety of Government sensor applications under 11 different contracts. The following R&D efforts are underway for Army, Navy, Air Force, DARPA DARPA: see Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
(Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) The name given to the U.S. Advanced Research Projects Agency during the 1980s. It was later renamed back to ARPA. , and other organizations in response to government application requirements:
U.S. Army R&D Projects:
* Phase II SBIR SBIR Small Business Innovation Research (program/grant)
SBIR Space Based Infra-Red
SBIR Speaker-Boundary Interference
SBIR Site Backsurface-referenced Ideal Plane/Range (silicon wafers) (Small Business Innovation Research) for the development of an advanced low power Micro Radar to detect personnel or vehicles and integrated with Unattended Ground Sensors (UGS UGS
In currencies, this is the abbreviation for the Uganda Shilling.
The currency market, also known as the Foreign Exchange market, is the largest financial market in the world, with a daily average volume of over US $1 trillion. ) and Munitions Systems.
* Phase I SBIR for an Advanced Ruggedized Instrumented Projectile (ARIP ARIP Accidental Release Information Program (EPA)
ARIP air refueling initiation point (US DoD)
ARIP Automatic Rocket Impact Predictor
ARIP Apache Readiness Improvement Program ) I SBIR used to measure the dynamic forces imparted to textiles and materials in order to evaluate body armor performance.
* Networked Munitions Visual Overwatch[R] System R&D program to develop technology for capturing images of targets entering a munitions protected area.
* Non Lethal Alert System R&D Program to develop technology for alerting personnel when they may be at risk by entering a denied military area.
U.S. Navy R&D Projects:
* Phase II SBIR for the development of a Strain Analysis and Monitoring System (SAMS) technology to monitor the structural health of ships.
* Phase I SBIR for a Structural Health Analysis and Monitoring Tool Set to develop real time and long term stress displays to understand the areas of a ship that have experienced structural distress.
* Phase I SBIR for a Ship Shock Disconnect System Phase to develop technology that will electrically disconnect critical ship systems to protect them during shock testing or during operations.
Air Force R&D Projects:
* High "G" Survivable Data Recorder Phase II SBIR developing an "OmniShock[TM]" product to survive very high "G" impact events, measure the shock encountered, and record high fidelity digital data from a variety of sensors. The OmniShock[TM] product will be available later this year to meet the Air Force requirements.
* Phase I SBIR to develop a Wireless Time Synchronized Event Control for measuring the precise time of test events spread out over a large geographic area to enable test event reconstruction and analysis.
DARPA R&D Project:
* A Phase II SBIR to integrate UGS with UAS Platforms by developing an automated handoff of targets from ground sensors to unmanned aircraft to maximize the effectiveness of UAS missions.
McQ IR&D Projects for Multiple Agency Applications:
* OmniWatch [R] high resolution visual and thermal IR Wireless video surveillance system for remote area monitoring. Battery operated, low power consumption, sensor triggered, imagery capture with many cameras and with a user interface that provides DVR capabilities, map based display of the sensor locations, and WIFI Internet Protocol network distribution of the video are included in the system.
* Acoustic Target Detection and Classification algorithms built into the McQ Unattended Ground Sensor products that distinguish vehicles, airplanes, helicopters, and human speech.
McQ Has Recently Been Awarded Major Production UGS Contracts
A U. S. Government Multiple Award Task Ordering Contract (MATOC MATOC Multiple Award Task Order Contract ) to supply OmniSense [R], iScout [R] and OmniWatch[R] UGS products and related engineering services over five years in support of DOD (1) (Dial On Demand) A feature that allows a device to automatically dial a telephone number. For example, an ISDN router with dial on demand will automatically dial up the ISP when it senses IP traffic destined for the Internet. requirements.
A U. S. Government subcontract to supply a large quantity of iScout[R] UGS sensors and communications infrastructure units in support of DOD requirements.
McQ is a recognized technology leader in remote surveillance, security and environmental monitoring. McQ sensor products are used by the US Army, US Marine Corps, US Department of Homeland Security Noun 1. Department of Homeland Security - the federal department that administers all matters relating to homeland security
executive department - a federal department in the executive branch of the government of the United States , Law Enforcement, DOE and various Commercial Customers. Leading the way as the first company to develop integrated sensor and imagery technology for surveillance purposes, McQ is also the first to interface multiple sensors into a fully integrated communications and data network. McQ has over twenty five years of experience with sensor technology and has earned a reputation for delivering rugged, state of the art surveillance and remote sensor systems for a wide range of commercial and government clients. Visit McQ on the web at www.mcqinc.com.
McQ is an ISO (1) See ISO speed.
(2) (International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, www.iso.ch) An organization that sets international standards, founded in 1946. The U.S. member body is ANSI. 9001:2008 registered quality certified company.