McAfee, Inc. Unveils Next Generation Firewall Solutions.
Helps Organizations Lower Costs, Strengthen Security and Improve Business Agility Leveraging McAfee's Global Threat Intelligence and ePolicy Orchestrator or·ches·trate
tr.v. or·ches·trat·ed, or·ches·trat·ing, or·ches·trates
1. To compose or arrange (music) for performance by an orchestra.
SANTA CLARA Santa Clara, city, Cuba
Santa Clara (sän`tä klä`rä), city (1994 est. pop. 217,000), capital of Villa Clara prov., central Cuba. , Calif. -- McAfee Inc. (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange : MFE MFE - maximal free expression ) today announced that it has upgraded its enterprise firewall products with next generation capabilities that help customers increase network security and lower their compliance and operational costs in both physical and virtual network environments. The products, McAfee Firewall Enterprise (formerly Sidewinder sidewinder, common name for a rattlesnake, Crotalus cerastes, found in the deserts of the SW United States. This 2-ft (60-cm), pale yellow and pink snake is named for its curious method of locomotion. ), McAfee Firewall Enterprise Control Center and McAfee Firewall Enterprise Profiler also feature streamlined management through integration with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator[R] (ePO[TM]) software and leverage McAfee global threat intelligence to provide world class protection.
In recent years, organizations have faced the burden of dramatically increasing firewall management costs, as legacy technology has struggled to keep up with the volume of today's threats and the changing application environments. Legacy firewalls depend on unwieldy technical rules that do not map to real business requirements and are too difficult for meeting audit, control and compliance requirements Compliance requirements are a series of directives established by United States Federal government agencies that summarize hundreds of Federal laws and regulations applicable to Federal assistance (also known as Federal aid or Federal funds). .
Today, McAfee Firewall Enterprise protects more than 15,000 customers worldwide including thousands of government agencies, Fortune 500 organizations, and seven of the top ten financial institutions. By deploying these next generation capabilities, customers will lower ongoing management costs.
"Last generation firewalls are simply too hard and expensive to manage, and in reality, don't effectively enforce relevant business policies," said Dan Ryan Dan Ryan may refer to:
Next Generation Firewall Advancements
Next generation capabilities include significant advancements in firewall management, hybrid delivery options and integrated layers of threat protection. With the addition of McAfee Firewall Profiler, McAfee Firewall Enterprise is application and identity aware. McAfee Firewall Enterprise is the first and only firewall to use a global reputation-based technology, including TrustedSource reputation and geo-location to filter unwanted traffic before it hits the network--stopping attacks before they happen.
McAfee Firewall Profiler is a revolutionary new capability that pinpoints in real-time how firewalls rules and rule changes impact application availability, usage and security. Profiler turns hours and days of rule creation deployment and troubleshooting Troubleshooting is a form of problem solving. It is the systematic search for the source of a problem so that it can be solved. Troubleshooting is often a process of elimination - eliminating potential causes of a problem. work into a matter of clicks by providing administrators visibility into the business impact of rule changes. By providing an intuitive visual context based on users and applications, Profiler reduces the impact of creating or changing specific rules and helps firewall administrators implement new policies and respond rapidly to business needs.
The revised version Revised Version
A British and American revision of the King James Version of the Bible, completed in 1885.
Noun of Control Center and Firewall Reporter dramatically simplify management of multiple firewalls and enable more accurate audit and compliance reports. Both Profiler and Control Center now integrate with McAfee ePO software. Firewall Control Center now provides ePO software with firewall health data and reports for each firewall.
McAfee Firewall Enterprise is now available in traditional appliance form factors, in a new virtualized hardware appliance A device that is dedicated to a specific function in contrast to a general-purpose computer. The hardware comes pre-installed with its operating system and application. Many consider the router to be the first network appliance. and as a software-based firewall virtual appliance An operating system and application designed for a virtual machine (VM) environment. The virtual appliance is packaged as a pre-installed system image for the particular hardware environment it is intended for, such as VMware, Xen or Microsoft's Virtual Server. . These new delivery options allow customers to take advantage of virtualization technologies See VT. See also virtualization. to lower cost and increase flexibility when consolidating datacenter and application environments and when bringing up new virtual environments.
Next Generation Features and Benefits
* Advancements in Firewall Management - McAfee Firewall Profiler is an innovative new appliance. It addresses the number one challenge facing most firewall administrators, the need for business context around rules, by pinpointing how firewall rules are impacting the business application availability and security. Profiler delivers application and user context to firewall rules, instantly analyzes firewall and flow data from across the network and allows administrators to automatically understand the business impact of rule, application and network changes.
* Virtual Technology Delivery Options - The new McAfee Firewall Enterprise 2150 VX appliances are 2U appliances that allow customers the ability to consolidate up to 32 firewalls into one physical appliance. The new McAfee Firewall Enterprise Virtual Appliance is an integrated software-only appliance that lets customers rapidly deploy protection into their own virtual environments on their own hardware. Both virtual technology delivery options support enterprise data center consolidation efforts. The 2150 VX models are also ideally suited to multi-tenant environments with their unique reporting and management requirements.
* Integration with McAfee ePO software - McAfee Firewall Enterprise Control Center (CommandCenter[TM]), used to manage multiple McAfee firewalls, now integrates with McAfee ePO, providing visibility into individual firewall health and status reports. Firewall Profiler is also integrated with McAfee ePO software, sending real-time prioritized alerts and overall context of event trends. By integrating with ePO software, the Firewall Enterprise product line now delivers Network security visibility to the ePO management console A terminal or workstation used to monitor and control a network. See Microsoft Management Console. , further lowering management and compliance reporting costs for the overall organization.
* Advance threat protection - McAfee Firewall Enterprise leverages McAfee's global threat intelligence to deliver the world's most advanced threat protection. McAfee TrustedSource[TM] reputation geo-location and reputation filtering allow organizations to limit their network connections to those with good reputations, coming from relevant locations. McAfee Antivirus Refers to detecting and blocking computer viruses. See antivirus program, behavior blocking, virus and virus hoaxes. protection, running on the firewall, leverages the global threat collection and analysis done by McAfee to deliver the most up-to-date protection against known bad code.
McAfee Firewall Enterprise appliances are available today, starting at $4,900 USD USD
In currencies, this is the abbreviation for the U.S. Dollar.
The currency market, also known as the Foreign Exchange market, is the largest financial market in the world, with a daily average volume of over US $1 trillion. . Exact pricing depends on customer requirements, selected model and associated add-on modules. The McAfee Firewall Enterprise Virtual Appliance is priced at $4900 per VMWare ESX See VMware. instance. McAfee Firewall Profiler appliance starts at $19,500 USD and Firewall Enterprise Control Center starts at $6,900 USD.
About McAfee, Inc.
McAfee, Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California Santa Clara, California (IPA: /ˌsæntəˈklærə/) , founded in 1777 and incorporated in 1852, is a city in Santa Clara County, in the U.S. state of California. , is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee is committed to relentlessly tackling the world's toughest security challenges. The company delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the web more securely. Backed by an award-winning research team, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. http://www.mcafee.com
NOTE: McAfee and any additional McAfee marks herein are registered trademarks of McAfee, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. McAfee Red in connection with security is distinctive of McAfee brand products. All other registered and unregistered trademarks herein are the sole property of their respective owners. Product specifications subject to change at any time without prior notice. [c] 2009 McAfee, Inc. All rights reserved.