Mayors and Mommies Month promotes text4baby.
As part of Mayors and Mommies Month, Immunize Nevada and the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services' Maternal Child Health Division are asking healthcare providers to get involved by pledging to educate and sign up at least five mothers for Text4Baby.
* Pregnant and new mothers sign up for the program via text message by sending BABY (or BEBE for spanish) to 511411
* Users recieve health messages and reminders based on their baby's due date or birth date
* Text4Baby is free, no matter what cell phone carrier the mother uses
* Topics include safety, health, emotional wellness, nutrition, local low-cost resources and more
* Messages continue until baby's first birthday
* Mothers can end service anytime by sending STOP to 511411
Benefits of Text4Babies
* Sends important and timely health information directly to mothers in short, textlength messages
* Gives reminders about doctor visits and immunizations
* Messages are customized based on the mother's pregnancy timeline
* Research has shown timely health information leads to improved health for mothers and babies
Pledge your support for Text4Baby by going online to immunizenevada.org/pledge. Those who publicly take the pledge will be entered into drawings to win free Medela breast pumps and other great prizes.
For tips on how to share Text4Baby with mothers, watch a free 15 minute webinar at immunizenevada.org/text4baby. In addition to the webinar, you'll also find promotional materials for your practice, FAQs, and more details on Text4Baby. For more information or to get involved with Text4Baby, contact Emily Stratton at 775.770.6704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.