Market profile: torsion testers.Physical testing instruments cover a wide range of techniques for assessing the strength and behavior of materials and components. Although the majority of instruments involve the measurement of linear stresses and strains, there are also many applications that require the accurate measurement of torque and torsion torsion, stress on a body when external forces tend to twist it about an axis. See strength of materials. . Although torsion tests may be carried out on some universal test systems that perform a variety of physical tests, we only consider specialized torsion testing machines testing machine
Machine used in materials science to determine the properties of a material. Machines have been devised to measure tensile strength, strength in compression, shear, and bending (see strength of materials), ductility, hardness, impact strength ( here. Generally speaking, torsion testers are electromechanical The use of electricity to run moving parts. Disk drives, printers and motors are examples. Electromechanical systems must be designed for the eventual deterioration of moving components that wear over time. The first TVs were electromechanical systems (see video/TV history). machines that measure two properties: the applied torque and the resultant twisting angle of the sample.
A typical example of a torsion tester application would be to measure the effect of torques tor·ques
A band of feathers, hair, or coloration around the neck.
[Latin torqu on a metal axle. By applying different torques and measuring the response angle, the instrument can build up a profile of the axle's response under different situations. Also, as with a fatigue tester, the instrument can be configured to measure how the axle's properties change after being subject to repeated torques, as might occur in an automobile during regular use. Another type of measurement would be to measure the torque required to cause the axle to fail.
The range of applications for these devices is quite wide. Many applications involve structural elements Structural elements are used in structural analysis to simplify the structure which is to be analysed.
Structural elements can be linear, surfaces or volumes.
Considering only models specifically for torsion testing, the three largest vendors are Instron, MTS (1) See Microsoft Transaction Server.
(2) (Modular TV System) The stereo channel added to the NTSC standard, which includes the SAP audio channel for special use.
1. MTS - Message Transport System.
2. Systems and Tinius Olsen. Most of the other major participants in the physical testing market offer solutions for torsion testing, but these are generally housed on universal tester frames, which are not the focus here. However, there are many other participants in the specialized torsion testing market, including Deltalab, Pratt & Whitney, Ratnakar and Test Resources. There are also niche players such as Andilog, which specializes in the testing of springs, and Skidmore-Wilhelm, which makes torque testers for bolts and tools. The total market for torsion testers was about $20 million in 2007, and is forecast to grow in the low single digits.
Torsion Testers at a Glance:
* Instron (Illinois Tool Works Illinois Tool Works or ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 500 company that produces engineered fasteners and components, equipment and consumable systems, and specialty products. It was founded in 1912 by Byron L. Smith, and three other men Frank W. England, Paul B. )
* MTS Systems
* Tinius Olsen
* Finished Products and Components