Maguire Properties Declares Fourth Quarter 2007 Common Stock Dividend and Preferred Stock Dividend.LOS ANGELES Los Angeles (lôs ăn`jələs, lŏs, ăn`jəlēz'), city (1990 pop. 3,485,398), seat of Los Angeles co., S Calif.; inc. 1850. -- In the first and second graphs of the release dated Dec. 17, 2007, the record date should read: December 31, 2007 (sted December 28, 2007).
Also in the second graph, the dividend amount should read: $0.4766 per share (sted $0.46677 per share).
The corrected release reads:
MAGUIRE PROPERTIES DECLARES FOURTH QUARTER 2007 COMMON STOCK DIVIDEND AND PREFERRED STOCK Stock shares that have preferential rights to dividends or to amounts distributable on liquidation, or to both, ahead of common shareholders.
Preferred stock is given preference over common stock. Holders of preferred stock receive dividends at a fixed annual rate. DIVIDEND
Maguire Properties, Inc. (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange :MPG The extension used on the MPEG file format. See MPEG.
1. (jargon) MPG - Miles per gallon, as in "Your MPG may vary", i.e. "Your mileage may vary".
2. (filename extension) mpg - A filename extension for a file in MPEG format. ), a Southern California Southern California, also colloquially known as SoCal, is the southern portion of the U.S. state of California. Centered on the cities of Los Angeles and San Diego, Southern California is home to nearly 24 million people and is the nation's second most populated region, focused real estate investment trust, today announced that its Board of Directors has declared its fourth quarter 2007 common stock dividend of $0.40 per share of common stock. The dividend is payable on January 31, 2008 to common stockholders of record as of December 31, 2007.
The Company also announced that its Board of Directors has declared a dividend payable on its Series A Preferred Stock for the period from November 1, 2007 through and including January 31, 2008 of $0.4766 per share of preferred stock. The dividend is payable on January 31, 2008 to preferred stockholders of record as of December 31, 2007.
About Maguire Properties, Inc.
Maguire Properties, Inc. is the largest owner and operator of Class A office properties in the Los Angeles central business district and is primarily focused on owning and operating high-quality office properties in the Southern California market. Maguire Properties, Inc. is a full-service real estate company with substantial in-house expertise and resources in property management, marketing, leasing, acquisitions, development and financing. For more information on Maguire Properties, visit the Company's website at www.maguireproperties.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements forward-looking statement
A projected financial statement based on management expectations. A forward-looking statement involves risks with regard to the accuracy of assumptions underlying the projections. based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to differ materially. These risks and uncertainties include general risks affecting the real estate industry (including, without limitation, the inability to enter into or renew leases at favorable fa·vor·a·ble
1. Advantageous; helpful: favorable winds.
2. Encouraging; propitious: a favorable diagnosis.
3. rates, dependence on tenants' financial condition, and competition from other developers, owners and operators of real estate); risks associated with the availability and terms of financing and the use of debt to fund acquisitions and developments; risks associated with the potential failure to manage effectively our growth and expansion into new markets, to identify properties to acquire, to complete acquisitions or to integrate acquisitions successfully; risks and uncertainties affecting property development and construction; risks associated with downturns in the national and local economies, increases in interest rates, and volatility in the securities markets; risks associated with joint ventures; potential liability for uninsured losses and environmental contamination; risks associated with our potential failure to qualify as a REIT REIT
See: Real Estate Investment Trust
See real estate investment trust (REIT). under the Internal Revenue Code The Internal Revenue Code is the body of law that codifies all federal tax laws, including income, estate, gift, excise, alcohol, tobacco, and employment taxes. These laws constitute title 26 of the U.S. Code (26 U.S.C.A. § 1 et seq. of 1986, as amended a·mend
v. a·mend·ed, a·mend·ing, a·mends
1. To change for the better; improve: amended the earlier proposal so as to make it more comprehensive.
2. , and possible adverse changes in tax and environmental laws; risks associated with our ability to pay dividends on our common and Series A Preferred stock; and risks associated with our dependence on key personnel whose continued service is not guaranteed.
For a further list and description of such risks and uncertainties, see our Annual Report on Form 10-K/A filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 9, 2007. The Company does not update forward-looking statements and disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise them, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.