MSCI Equity Indices February 2009 Quarterly Index Review.GENEVA -- MSCI Barra MSCI Barra is a leading provider of equity, fixed income, and hedge fund indices. In 2004 Morgan Stanley Capital International acquired Barra, Inc., to form MSCI Barra. The company is headquartered in New York City, with operations in Geneva, London, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Paris, (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange :MXB MXB Multimedia eXtension Board
MXB MSCI-Barra, Inc. (stock symbol) ) a leading provider of investment decision support tools worldwide, including indices and portfolio risk and performance analytics, announced today changes to the MSCI Equity Indices - including the MSCI Global Standard and MSCI Global Small Cap Indices as well as the MSCI Global Value and Growth Indices, the MSCI Frontier Markets frontier markets
Securities markets in the least developed of the emerging markets. Mexico and Taiwan are generally considered emerging markets while Zimbabwe, Jamaica, and Kenya are considered frontier markets. Indices, the MSCI Global Islamic Indices, the MSCI US Equity Indices and the MSCI US REIT REIT
See: Real Estate Investment Trust
See real estate investment trust (REIT). Index - that will be made as of the close of February 27, 2009. These changes result from the February 2009 Quarterly Index Review and have been posted on MSCI Barra's web site at http://www.mscibarra.com.
MSCI Global Standard Indices: Twenty-five securities will be added to and 26 securities will be deleted from the MSCI Global Standard Indices. The additions and deletions include the Russian securities, Gazprom (USD USD
In currencies, this is the abbreviation for the U.S. Dollar.
The currency market, also known as the Foreign Exchange market, is the largest financial market in the world, with a daily average volume of over US $1 trillion. ), Lukoil Holding (USD), Surgutneftegaz Comn (USD) and Norilsk Nickel Mmc (USD) for which the price source will be changed from the Russian Trading System Russian Trading System (RTS)
An electronic system in Russia, like the Nasdaq system on which the majority of Russian equities trading is conducted. (RTS (Request To Send) An RS-232 signal sent from the transmitting station to the receiving station requesting permission to transmit. Contrast with CTS.
1. (operating system) RTS - run-time system.
2. ) to the Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange (MICEX)
Established in 1992, the most liquid and best organized financial exchange in Russia. (MICEX See Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange. ). The three largest additions to the MSCI World Index See Morgan Stanley Capital International World Index. are Delta Air Lines (US), ITT ITT Initial Teacher Training (UK)
ITT I Think That
ITT Invitation To Tender
ITT Individual Time Trial (professional cycling)
ITT In This Thread (forums) Educational Services (US), and Devry (US). Removing the above-mentioned Russian securities from consideration, the three largest additions to the MSCI Emerging Market Index are Power Grid Corp of India (India), Banco Nossa Caixa On (Brazil), and Federal Grid Ues (Rub) (Russia).
Three securities will be added to and three securities will be deleted from the MSCI Frontier Markets Index. The additions will be Emirates Integrated Telecom (United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates, federation of sheikhdoms (2005 est. pop. 2,563,000), c.30,000 sq mi (77,700 sq km), SE Arabia, on the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. ), Ifa Hotels & Resorts (Kuwait), and Oman International Bank (Oman).
As a reminder, MSCI Barra introduced new stand-alone country indices for Botswana, Ghana, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago at the November 2008 Semi-Annually Index Review. MSCI Barra announced today its decision to add the MSCI Jamaica Index and the MSCI Trinidad & Tobago Index to the MSCI Frontier Markets Index coinciding with the May 2009 Semi-Annual Index Review, provided that at the time of the review the countries still have the minimum required number of eligible securities for the MSCI Frontier Markets Indices. Based on current data, Botswana and Ghana would not meet the liquidity requirements for the MSCI Frontier Markets Indices and will therefore continue to be maintained as stand-alone indices.
MSCI Global Small Cap Indices: Twenty-four securities will be added to and 35 securities will be deleted from the MSCI Global Small Cap Indices, including the price source change from RTS to MICEX for Transneft Pref (USD) and North-West Tel Comn (USD) in Russia. The three largest additions to the MSCI World Index are Xl Capital (US), Lamar Advertising Co A (US), and Genworth Financial Genworth Financial is an international financial services organization that offers a portfolio of primarily consumer-focused products through its various companies, including annuities, combination products, investment services, life insurance, long term care insurance, medicare A (US). Removing the above-mentioned Russian securities from consideration, the only two additions to the MSCI Emerging Market Small Cap Index are Knm Group (Malaysia) and Satyam Computer Services Data processing (timesharing, batch processing), software development and consulting services. See service bureau, SaaS and ASP. (India).
MSCI Global Value and Growth Indices: As part of the Quarterly Index Reviews, securities added to or deleted from the MSCI Global Standard Indices are added to or deleted from the MSCI Global Value and Growth Indices. For the MSCI Global Value Indices, the three largest additions are Northeast Utilities (US), NSTAR NSTAR NASA Solar Electric Propulsion Technology Application Readiness (US), and IAMGOLD Corp (Canada). For the MSCI Global Growth Indices, the three largest additions are ITT Educational Services (US), Devry (US), and O'Reilly Automotive (US).
MSCI Global Islamic Indices: Thirty securities will be added to and 12 will be deleted from the MSCI ACWI ACWI Advisory Committee on Water Information
ACWI All Country World Index Islamic Standard Index. The three largest additions to the MSCI ACWI Islamic Standard Index are Quantas Services (Australia), Flir Systems (US), and Church & Dwight Co (US). There will also be 10 additions to and 1 deletion from the MSCI Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC GCC: see Gulf Cooperation Council.
(compiler, programming) GCC - The GNU Compiler Collection, which currently contains front ends for C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran, Java, and Ada, as well as libraries for these languages (libstdc++, libgcj, etc). ) Countries Islamic Standard Index.
MSCI US Equity Indices: There will be no securities added to and eleven securities deleted from the MSCI US Large Cap 300 Index. Nineteen securities will be added to and 20 securities will be deleted from the MSCI US Mid Cap 450 Index. The three largest additions to the MSCI US Mid Cap 450 Index are Strayer Education, Prologis, and Textron.
Twenty-one securities will be added to and nine securities will be deleted from the MSCI US Small Cap 1750 Index. The three largest additions to the MSCI US Small Cap 1750 Index are Seagate Technology, CIT n. 1. A citizen; an inhabitant of a city; a pert townsman; - used contemptuously.
Which past endurance sting the tender cit.
- Emerson. Group, and Manitowoc Co. There will be no additions to or deletions from the MSCI US Micro Cap Index.
For the MSCI US Investable Market Value Index, there will be 8 additions or upward changes in Value Inclusion Factors (VIFs), and 6 deletions or downward changes in VIFs. For the MSCI US Investable Market Growth Index, there will be 6 additions or upward changes in Growth Inclusion Factors (GIFs), and 8 deletions or downward changes in GIFs.
MSCI US REIT Index: There will be no additions to and no deletions from the MSCI US REIT Index.
The results of the February 2009 Quarterly Index Review of the MSCI High Dividend Yield Indices, the MSCI Pan-Euro and MSCI Euro Indices, the MSCI Asia APEX 50 Index, the MSCI KOKUNAI Japan Equity Indices, as well as the MSCI China A Indices have also been posted on MSCI Barra's web site at www.mscibarra.com.
About MSCI Barra
MSCI Barra is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to investment institutions worldwide. MSCI Barra products include indices and portfolio risk and performance analytics for use in managing equity, fixed income and multi-asset class portfolios.
The company's flagship products are the MSCI International Equity Indices, which are estimated to have over USD 3 trillion benchmarked to them, and the Barra risk models and portfolio analytics, which cover 56 equity and 46 fixed income markets. MSCI Barra is headquartered in New York New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of , with research and commercial offices around the world. Morgan Stanley, a global financial services firm, is the controlling shareholder of MSCI Barra.
In 2008 MSCI Barra was named Index Provider of the Year at the European Pensions Awards and Best Provider of Benchmark Indices in Asia Pacific at the AsianInvestor Service Provider Awards.
For further information on MSCI Barra, please visit our web site at www.mscibarra.com
* This document and all of the information contained in it, including without limitation all text, data, graphs, charts (collectively, the "Information") is the property of MSCl Inc. ("MSCI"), Barra, Inc. ("Barra"), or their affiliates (including without limitation Financial Engineering Associates, Inc.) (alone or with one or more of them, "MSCI Barra"), or their direct or indirect suppliers or any third party involved in the making or compiling of the Information (collectively, the "MSCI Barra Parties"), as applicable, and is provided for informational purposes only. The Information may not be reproduced or redisseminated in whole or in part without prior written permission from MSCI or Barra, as applicable.
* The Information may not be used to verify or correct other data, to create indices, risk models or analytics, or in connection with issuing, offering, sponsoring, managing or marketing any securities, portfolios, financial products or other investment vehicles based on, linked to, tracking or otherwise derived from any MSCI or Barra product or data.
* Historical data and analysis should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of any future performance, analysis, forecast or prediction.
* None of the Information constitutes an offer to sell (or a solicitation of an offer to buy), or a promotion or recommendation of, any security, financial product or other investment vehicle or any trading strategy, and none of the MSCI Barra Parties endorses, approves or otherwise expresses any opinion regarding any issuer, securities, financial products or instruments or trading strategies. None of the Information, MSCI Barra indices, models or other products or services is intended to constitute investment advice or a recommendation to make (or refrain from making) any kind of investment decision and may not be relied on as such.
* The user of the Information assumes the entire risk of any use it may make or permit to be made of the Information.
* NONE OF THE MSCI BARRA PARTIES MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (OR THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED BY THE USE THEREOF), AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MSCI AND BARRA, EACH ON THEIR BEHALF AND ON THE BEHALF OF EACH MSCI BARRA PARTY, HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ORIGINALITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY mer·chant·a·ble
Suitable for buying and selling; marketable.
merchant·a·bil AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION.
* Without limiting any of the foregoing and to the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall any of the MSCI Barra Parties have any liability regarding any of the Information for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, consequential (including lost profits) or any other damages even if notified of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing shall not exclude or limit any liability that may not by applicable law be excluded or limited, including without limitation (as applicable), any liability for death or personal injury to the extent that such injury results from the negligence or wilful wil·ful
Variant of willful.
wilful or US willful
1. determined to do things in one's own way: a wilful and insubordinate child default of itself, its servants, agents or sub-contractors.
* Any use of or access to products, services or information of MSCI or Barra or their subsidiaries requires a license from MSCI or Barra, or their subsidiaries, as applicable. MSCI, Barra, MSCI Barra, EAFE EAFE Europe, Australia, and the Far East (markets)
EAFE European Association of Fisheries Economists
EAFE European Association of Forensic Entomologists
EAFE Edge-Average Finite Element
EAFE Extended Arm Fume Extractor , Aegis, Cosmos, BarraOne, and all other MSCI and Barra product names are the trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of MSCI, Barra or their affiliates, in the United States and other jurisdictions. The Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS GICS Government Information and Communication Service (UK)
GICS German Internet Chess Server
GICS Global Industry Classification Standards
GICS Grant Information and Control System ) was developed by and is the exclusive property of MSCI and Standard & Poor's. "Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS)" is a service mark of MSCI and Standard & Poor's.