MARSHALL LAW; Bluebirds make swoop for 'keeper in pounds 500,000 deal.
CARDIFF City swooped to solve their goalkeeping problem last night - signing Scottish international David Marshall David Marshall may refer to:
- David Marshall (footballer) (born 1985), Norwich City F.C. and Scotland national football team player
- David Marshall (Scottish politician) (born 1941), British Labour Party Member of Parliament (1979—)
Bluebirds' manager Dave Jones
- This article is about the football manager. For the California politician and Assemblymember, see Dave Jones (politician).
The 6ft 3ins Marshall flew into Cardiff Airport from his home in Scotland early yesterday morning after a fee was agreed between the two clubs.
After passing a stringent fitness test Marshall signed his contract at Cardiff's Vale of Glamorgan Hotel training base at around 7pm last night.
Marshall, 24, then flew back to Scotland and will report for the start of pre-season training in around six weeks' time.
The Glasgow-born goalkeeper, who has played twice for Scotland, was a first-team regular for Celtic when Martin O'Neill was manager.
His full debut came when Celtic drew 0-0 against Barcelona at the Nou Camp in 2004 to beat the Spanish giants on aggregate in the Uefa Cup.
He signed for Norwich in 2007, the fee at around pounds 1m, and has been ever-present for the Canaries over the last two seasons..
City's dilemma: pages 50& 51 His contract with Norwich took him through to the end of next season, but he has moved on after their Norfolk club were relegated to League One.
Marshall's task, having become the fifth Scot at Cardiff City along with Chris Burke Chris Burke may refer to:
- Chris Burke (actor) (born 1965), American
- Chris Burke (artist) Chicago, participant in Cool Globes
- Chris Burke (baseball player) (born 1980), American
- Chris Burke (footballer) (born 1983), Scottish
Enckelman was ruled out of City's promotion chase by a knee injury..
David Marshall has won two international caps for Scotland