Printer Friendly

MARATHON TESTS SUCCESSFUL DISCOVERY WELL IN TUNISIA'S OFFSHORE ZARAT PERMIT

 MARATHON TESTS SUCCESSFUL DISCOVERY WELL
 IN TUNISIA'S OFFSHORE ZARAT PERMIT
 HOUSTON, June 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Marathon Oil Company (NYSE: MRO) today announced that its Zarat No. 1 discovery well tested a combined daily rate of 17.5 million cubic feet of natural gas with 40 percent inerts and 1,498 barrels of liquid hydrocarbons.
 The well is located in 295 feet of water about 66 miles northeast of Marathon's Ezzaouia Field in southern Tunisia.
 Marathon, the operator, conducted two drill stem tests from a gross hydrocarbon column of over 320 feet in the Eocene El Gueria formation. The column contained 82 feet of oil pay and 213 feet of gas and condensate pay. The oil zone test, from perforations between 8,816 and 8,842 feet, produced 300 barrels per day of 37.5 degree API gravity crude and 2.2 million cubic feet per day of gas with a flowing tubing pressure of 290 psi. The gas column test, from perforations between 8,629 and 8,678 feet, produced 1,198 barrels per day of 52.9 degree API gravity condensate and 15.3 million cubic feet of gas per day with a flowing tubing pressure of 1,012 psi.
 Operations will be suspended at Zarat No. 1 while its results are evaluated to determine future delineation activity. The rig will move to drill another exploration well in the proximity of the Elyssa gas and condensate discovery, which is also on the 246,116-acre Zarat Permit. With the drilling of that well, Marathon, a unit of USX Corporation (NYSE: X), will earn a 67 percent participating interest in the Zarat Permit. Coho International Limited, a subsidiary of Coho Resources Limited, has the remaining 33 percent interest, one-third of which has been assigned to EDISTO Resources Corporation's affiliate, NRM Operating Company L.P., subject to the approval of Tunisian authorities. Enterprise Tunisienne d'Activities (ETAP), the Tunisian national oil company, has a 55 percent participation option.
 -0- 6/25/92
 /CONTACT: Michael R. Dixon, 713-296-3912 and William P. Ryder, 713-296-3915, both of USX Corporation/
 (MRO X) CO: Marathon Oil Company; USX Corporation ST: Texas, Pennsylvania IN: OIL SU: DSC


CD -- PG011 -- 3864 06/25/92 14:28 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1992 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1992 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Jun 25, 1992
Words:366
Previous Article:SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON RECEIVES NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Next Article:WILLIAM L. JEWS ELECTED TO CROWN CENTRAL BOARD
Topics:


Related Articles
NOBLE AFFILIATES' SUBSIDIARY RECEIVES NEW TUNISIAN EXPLORATION PERMIT
TUNISIAN WELL HAS MINOR HYDROCARBON SHOWS
MARATHON ANNOUNCES RESULTS OF TUNISIAN WELLS
MARATHON WELL TESTS 4,000 BOPD IN INDONESIA'S KAKAP BLOCK
MARATHON KAKAP WELL TESTS AT COMBINED RATE OF 15,600 BOPD; FEASIBILITY STUDIES BEGIN FOR DEVELOPMENT OF KRA FIELD
TEXACO JOINT VENTURE ANNOUNCES OIL AND GAS DISCOVERY IN TUNISIA
NOBLE AFFILIATES ANNOUNCES OIL AND GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE LOUISIANA
NOBLE AFFILIATES ANNOUNCES RESULTS FROM OFFSHORE TUNISIA WELL
MARATHON ANNOUNCES GABON DISCOVERY
Nuevo Provides a Domestic and International Drilling Update.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2016 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters