Lowe's(R) and Sta-Green(R) Fertilizer Offer 'Golden Ticket' Shopping Sprees For DIYers Who 'Winterize'; $100,000 for Lawn & Garden DIYers; $50,000 for Habitat for Humanity and Home Safety Council.
WILKESBORO, N.C., Aug. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Weekend warriors get ready. Ten lucky lawn care DIYers may find a "Golden Ticket" and may win a $10,000 Lowe's Gift Card. Golden tickets, each worth $10,000, will be inserted in bags of Sta-Green Winterizer and Winterizer Weed & Feed from August 15th, to November 30th, 2003. Every bag purchased will also generate a mail-in form printed on the register receipt for a $2 or $5 Lowe's Gift Card. Every consumer benefits!
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20000720/LOWES )
Lowe's and Sta-Green will also donate a total of $50,000 to help keep families safe and sound in their own homes. In association with the Golden Ticket promotion, Sta-Green will donate a total of $25,000 to the Home Safety Council (http://www.homesafetycouncil.org/) and $2,500 to each winner's local chapter of Habitat for Humanity Habitat for Humanity, nonprofit ecumenical Christian organization that enables low-income people to own affordable, livable housing. Headquartered in Americus, Ga., it was founded in 1976 by businessman Millard Fuller and his wife. (http://www.habitat.org/).
Lawn care DIYers who fertilize in the spring should know about "Winterizing".
Experts agree fall is the best time to apply fertilizer fertilizer, organic or inorganic material containing one or more of the nutrients—mainly nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, and other essential elements required for plant growth. and control weeds 1. weeds - Refers to development projects or algorithms that have no possible relevance or practical application. Comes from "off in the weeds". Used in phrases like "lexical analysis for microcode is serious weeds."
2. . Grass plants and weeds put more energy into root growth in the fall, so fertilizing results in more vigorous grass that comes back thicker and greener next spring, and weed killer weed killer: see herbicide. moves through all parts of the plant for fast, complete weed control Weed control is the botanical component of pest control, stopping weeds from reaching a mature stage of growth when they could be harmful to domesticated plants and livestock by physical and chemical methods. .
Benefits of Winterizing your Lawn, provided by Sta-Green Winterizer and Winterizer Weed & Feed:
* Encourages a deeper stronger root system * Promotes winter hardiness * Helps with disease resistance * Promotes early spring greening * Aids in developing a thick, healthy lawn
Sta-Green Winterizer and Winterizer Weed & Feed are specifically formulated for·mu·late
tr.v. for·mu·lat·ed, for·mu·lat·ing, for·mu·lates
a. To state as or reduce to a formula.
b. To express in systematic terms or concepts.
c. for fall application, and promote deeper, stronger root systems without burning or harming lawns.
Sta-Green fertilizers have been developed using the exclusive Polyon(R) Technology. This timed-release fertilizer technology, used by golf course superintendents and DIYers alike, feeds the plants when they need it most and delivers maximum fertilizer benefits for greener, healthier and more beautiful lawns.
Sta-Green fertilizers will not burn or harm lawns or landscape plants when used properly. They provide fast greening without surge growth, feed up to nine months and provide a consistent green color week after week. Sta-Green also provides a toll-free customer service hotline -- 1-877-341-9620 -- to answer any questions about lawn care and ensure complete satisfaction with a money back guarantee.
Sta-Green fertilizers are available at Lowe's. For more information and official rules on the Golden Ticket sweepstakes* and more information on Sta- Green and winterizing your lawn, visit http://www.lowes.com/sta-green or call the Sta-Green Customer Service line at 1-877-341-9620.
* No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited pro·hib·it
tr.v. pro·hib·it·ed, pro·hib·it·ing, pro·hib·its
1. To forbid by authority: Smoking is prohibited in most theaters. See Synonyms at forbid.
2. . Open to legal residents of the U.S., 18 years and older.
Sta-Green(R) is a product of United Industries Corporation, doing business as Spectrum Brands, a leading manufacturer and marketer of consumer lawn and garden products. Sta-Green offers a wide range of lawn and garden products, including general use fertilizers and specialized spe·cial·ize
v. spe·cial·ized, spe·cial·iz·ing, spe·cial·iz·es
1. To pursue a special activity, occupation, or field of study.
2. formulations for specific turf types, regions, and disease and insect control applications, as well as an extensive line of potting media, garden soils and soil amendments. To learn more about Sta-Green products, call 1-877-341-9620 or visit our web site at http://www.sta-green.com/.
With fiscal year 2002 sales of $26.5 billion, Lowe's Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE 100 company that serves approximately nine million customers a week at more than 875 home improvement stores in 45 states. In 2003, FORTUNE named Lowe's America's Most Admired Specialty Retailer. Based in Wilkesboro, N.C., the 57-year old company is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com
CONTACT: Jared Kelowitz, +1-864-233-3776, ext. 24, or email@example.com, or Elizabeth Geer, +1-864-233-3776, ext. 15, or Elizabethg@jdpr.com, both of Jeff Dezen PR for United Industries Corporation, or Julie Valeant of Lowe's Companies, Inc., +1-336-658-4352, or Julie.A.Valeant@lowes.com
Web site: http://www.habitat.org/
Web site: http://www.homesafetycouncil.org/
Web site: http://www.sta-green.com/
Web site: http://www.lowes.com/
Web site: http://www.lowes.com/sta-green