LogLogic Named a "Leader" in Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management.LogLogic Receives Highest Possible Rating for "Log Management" in Critical Capabilities Report
SAN JOSE San Jose, city, United States
San Jose (sănəzā`, săn hōzā`), city (1990 pop. 782,248), seat of Santa Clara co., W central Calif.; founded 1777, inc. 1850. , Calif. -- LogLogic[R], the log management leader, today announced that it has been positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant quadrant, in analytic geometry
1 In analytic geometry, one of the four regions of the plane determined by two lines, the x-axis and the y-axis. of Gartner, Inc.'s "Magic Quadrant The Gartner Magic Quadrant is a proprietary research tool developed by Gartner Inc., a US based research and advisory firm. It is designed to provide an unbiased qualitative analysis of a “markets’ direction, maturity, and participants. for Security Information and Event Management" report by Mark Nicolett and Kelly Kavanagh.
In addition, LogLogic received the following ratings in three categories -- a 5.0 in Log Management, a 4.5 in Deployment and Support Simplicity, and a 4.0 in Compliance Reporting -- in the May 2009 report "Critical Capabilities for Security Information and Event Management Technology."
"LogLogic has long been a leader in log management, and now we are proud to also be a leader in security information and event management (SIEM SIEM Security Information and Event Management
SIEM Sistema de Información Empresarial Mexicano (Mexican Enterprise Information System)
SIEM Società Italiana per l'Educazione Musicale )," said Dominique Levin lev·in
[Middle English levene, levin; see leuk- in Indo-European roots.] , EVP EVP Executive Vice President
EVP EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Valve Position Sensor
EVP Electronic Voice Phenomenon
EVP Europäische Volkspartei (Germany)
EVP Employee Value Proposition of Marketing and Strategy at LogLogic. "We have recently expanded our product line to enable customers to do more with their logs, including SIEM, database activity monitoring, and automated au·to·mate
v. au·to·mat·ed, au·to·mat·ing, au·to·mates
1. To convert to automatic operation: automate a factory.
2. compliance. LogLogic now offers the most comprehensive log-based security solution available, and we believe that our inclusion in Gartner's Magic Quadrant is further confirmation that we are well-positioned in the industry."
LogLogic's position as a "Leader" in Gartner's Magic Quadrant is based on LogLogic's completeness of vision and ability to execute. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Gartner, "The SIEM leaders quadrant is comprised of vendors that have been the most successful in building an installed base and revenue stream within the SIEM market, have a relatively high viability rating (due to SIEM revenue or SIEM revenue in combination with revenue from other sources), and provide products that are a good functional match to general market requirements."
In addition to being recognized by Gartner, LogLogic has demonstrated growing momentum in the industry. The company recently expanded into the SIEM space with the introduction of new products LogLogic Security Event Manager and LogLogic Database Security Manager. Last month LogLogic announced that its mid-market log management appliance received a 5-star rating from SC Magazine. Furthermore, LogLogic just acquired Exaprotect, a leading provider of enterprise security, threat and security configuration change management solutions.
Gartner, Inc.'s "Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management 2009" report is available, compliments com·pli·ment
1. An expression of praise, admiration, or congratulation.
2. A formal act of civility, courtesy, or respect.
3. of LogLogic, at http://www.loglogic.com/resources/analyst-reports/gartner-mq-and-critical-capabilities/
The May 2009 report "Critical Capabilities for Security Information and Event Management Technology" by Gartner, Inc. is also available, compliments of LogLogic, at http://www.loglogic.com/resources/analyst-reports/gartner-mq-and-critical-capabilities/
About the Magic Quadrant
The Gartner Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2009 by Gartner, Inc., and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted de·pict
tr.v. de·pict·ed, de·pict·ing, de·picts
1. To represent in a picture or sculpture.
2. To represent in words; describe. See Synonyms at represent. in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability mer·chant·a·ble
Suitable for buying and selling; marketable.
merchant·a·bil or fitness for a particular purpose.
About the Critical Capabilities Report
The Critical Capabilities report is copyrighted 2009 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Critical Capabilities report is a comparative analysis which scores competing products against a set of critical differentiators identified by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Critical Capabilities report, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest rating. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
LogLogic[R] (www.loglogic.com) is the leader in log management, compliance management and security management solutions designed to improve accountability and lower costs for organizations of all sizes. LogLogic's unique open log management platform enables customers to collect, search and store 100 percent of IT log data for a comprehensive fingerprint fingerprint, an impression of the underside of the end of a finger or thumb, used for identification because the arrangement of ridges in any fingerprint is thought to be unique and permanent with each person (no two persons having the same prints have ever been of past and current activity across any organization. Powered by the industry's leading open log management platform, LogLogic's business applications correlate user activities and event data in real-time for a unique integrated approach to security event management, database security management and compliance management with industry and government regulations. Check out LogLogic products at http://loglogic.com/logpower and follow LogLogic on Twitter A Web site and service that lets users send short text messages from their cellphones to a group of friends. Launched in 2006, Twitter (www.twitter.com) was designed for people to broadcast their current activities and thoughts. at http://twitter.com/loglogic.