Lightbridge Announces PhoneFuel Open At CTIA; New Service Offers Customer Self-Care For Both Prepaid and Postpaid Subscribers.
BURLINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 19, 2001
Lightbridge, Inc. (Nasdaq:LTBG), a global provider of mobile business solutions to wireless carriers, today announced PhoneFuel Open(TM), a value-added service A value-added service (VAS) is a telecommunications industry term for non-core services or, in short, all services beyond standard voice calls and fax transmissions. that enables carriers to provide their postpaid post·paid
With the postage having been paid in advance.
with the postage prepaid
Adj. 1. and prepaid pre·pay
tr.v. pre·paid, pre·pay·ing, pre·pays
To pay or pay for beforehand.
pre·payment n. subscribers with quick and easy access to account information and self-service customer care. PhoneFuel Open provides Wireless Application Protocol (WAP (1) (Wireless Access Point) See access point.
(2) (Wireless Application Protocol) A standard for providing cellular phones, pagers and other handheld devices with secure access to e-mail and text-based Web pages. ) mobile and Web browser The program that serves as your front end to the Web on the Internet. In order to view a site, you type its address (URL) into the browser's Location field; for example, www.computerlanguage.com, and the home page of that site is downloaded to you. access to accurate, up-to-the-minute account details, including account balance, and call and payment records. PhoneFuel Open also gives subscribers the ability to make payments to their account whenever they choose, using major credit cards or electronic funds transfer See EFT.
(application, communications) electronic funds transfer - (EFT, EFTS, - system) Transfer of money initiated through electronic terminal, automated teller machine, computer, telephone, or magnetic tape. (EFT). In addition, PhoneFuel Open helps carriers reduce customer care costs and build stronger customer relationships while ultimately empowering the subscriber to take control of their wireless account. Lightbridge will be featuring PhoneFuel Open at booth #4051 at the CTIA (1) See CompTIA.
(2) (Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association, Washington, DC, www.ctia.org, www.wow-com.com) A membership organization founded in 1984 that is involved with regulatory and public affairs issues in the wireless industry. conference in Las Vegas Las Vegas (läs vā`gəs), city (1990 pop. 258,295), seat of Clark co., S Nev.; inc. 1911. It is the largest city in Nevada and the center of one of the fastest-growing urban areas in the United States. , NV, from March 20-22.
PhoneFuel Open is built upon the PhoneFuel(TM) service developed by Corsair corsair: see Barbary States; piracy. Communications, a Lightbridge company. PhoneFuel Open leverages Lightbridge's inventory of more than 80 third-party carrier system interfaces through the Telesto(TM) Portal, so carriers can offer this service to their postpaid and prepaid subscribers. PhoneFuel Open supports: account balance inquiry, payment processing and posting, replenishment replenishment
the addition of an appropriate quantity of properly prepared solution containing the correct concentration of chemicals to the developer solutions used in radiography. , call detail and virtually any customer acquisition and care function that can be made available from a carrier's billing and customer care systems.
"By providing subscribers with convenient access to up-to-the-minute account information, carriers can reduce their customer acquisition and care costs, while increasing brand loyalty for both their prepaid and postpaid customers," said Carla Schneiderman, vice president of marketing at Lightbridge. "In addition, by getting subscribers accustomed to using their mobile phones to conduct transactions, PhoneFuel Open provides a foundation for a carrier's future mobile business strategies."
PhoneFuel Open includes key personalization Custom tailoring information to the individual. On the Web, personalization means returning a page that has been customized for the user, taking into consideration that person's habits and preferences. features to enable users to set up "One-Touch" access to the most-used features. Subscribers can store account information on PhoneFuel Open's secure server for easy payment, and even set up automatic payments on an ongoing basis from their credit card or bank account. This convenient "customer self-care" feature reduces carriers' billing and payment processing costs, collections costs, as well as revenue leakage associated with the manual processing of payments.
PhoneFuel Open Leverages Lightbridge's Telesto
Through its integration with Lightbridge's Telesto, PhoneFuel Open's capabilities can be extended to incorporate customer acquisition, retention and risk management solutions. The solution helps carriers reduce subscriber fraud by providing integrated, real-time access to the full suite of fraud management applications that screen each transaction for identity fraud, credit card/payment fraud, and for determining a subscriber's ability to pay based on recent and historical credit worthiness. PhoneFuel Open also supports complex business logic and workflow rules, through Telesto workflow servers, ensuring that the proper data is passed to each business system at the proper time, and that the exceptions are captured and handled by the correct business entities. These entities may include carrier activation and revenue assurance departments, or an escalation to one of the Lightbridge call centers.
"To speed adoption, Lightbridge Consulting Services Noun 1. consulting service - service provided by a professional advisor (e.g., a lawyer or doctor or CPA etc.)
service - work done by one person or group that benefits another; "budget separately for goods and services" helps integrate the wireless internet customer self care capabilities of PhoneFuel Open into a carrier's billing and customer care infrastructure," said Bob Shelton, director of strategic solutions at Lightbridge. "We will work with both the carrier and the billing and customer care system providers to make the desired transactions accessible to PhoneFuel Open and Telesto in the secure, reliable, scalable fashion we guarantee for all our clients."
PhoneFuel Open is available immediately to carriers in the United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. and internationally. Currency and languages are fully customizable in PhoneFuel Open, enabling international carriers to easily localize lo·cal·ize
v. lo·cal·ized, lo·cal·iz·ing, lo·cal·iz·es
1. To make local: decentralize and localize political authority.
2. content according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. the custom of different countries. In addition, the Web "look and feel" can be customized to offer subscribers a seamless experience by accessing the solution from the carrier's existing Web site. PhoneFuel Open can be deployed at the carrier's location, with back-end integration to Telesto, or on a fully outsourced application service provider (ASP) basis.
Lightbridge is a global provider of mobile business solutions, offering wireless carriers a flexible, comprehensive suite of products and services designed to increase revenue, productivity and customer loyalty. Building on its 12 year heritage in the wireless telecommunications arena, Lightbridge offers a reliable infrastructure for the mobile business economy that supports a complete customer lifecycle, including customer acquisition, risk management, prepay and replenishment, customer relationship management and retention. On February 7, 2001, Lightbridge completed its acquisition of Corsair Communications, Inc., a provider of real-time, prepaid billing solutions for the global wireless industry. While continuing to set standards for pervasive customer care, Lightbridge now enables carriers to increase the volume of new subscribers by offering either prepay or post pay billing administration models. For more information visit http://www.lightbridge.com or call 800-LIGHTBR.
Lightbridge and the Lightbridge logo are registered trademarks of Lightbridge, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.