Life extension clinical research: why you should consider participating.
Life Extension is the world leader in identifying natural approaches to prevent disease and slow aging.
Unlike commercial companies, Life Extension conducts research on human study subjects to validate To prove something to be sound or logical. Also to certify conformance to a standard. Contrast with "verify," which means to prove something to be correct.
For example, data entry validity checking determines whether the data make sense (numbers fall within a range, numeric data published scientific findings and to establish optimal dose ranges.
In this article, we outline new clinical studies for which we are enrolling study subjects. Members are encouraged to review these research projects to see if they may personally benefit by participating in one of these clinical studies.
In exchange for participating, you are given free blood tests, nutritional supplements Nutritional Supplements Definition
Nutritional supplements include vitamins, minerals, herbs, meal supplements, sports nutrition products, natural food supplements, and other related products used to boost the nutritional content of the diet. , and personalized per·son·al·ize
tr.v. per·son·al·ized, per·son·al·iz·ing, per·son·al·iz·es
1. To take (a general remark or characterization) in a personal manner.
2. To attribute human or personal qualities to; personify. consultations that can be worth thousands of dollars.
As a member of the Life Extension Foundation, you seek the latest technological advances to protect against age-related Adj. 1. age-related - changing (increasing or decreasing) as an individual's age increases
related, related to - being connected either logically or causally or by shared characteristics ; "painting and the related arts"; "school-related activities"; "related to degeneration degeneration /de·gen·er·a·tion/ (de-jen?er-a´shun) deterioration; change from a higher to a lower form, especially change of tissue to a lower or less functionally active form. . As a participant in a clinical study, you gain access to novel nutritional approaches that may significantly improve your health and longevity longevity (lŏnjĕv`ĭtē), term denoting the length or duration of the life of an animal or plant, often used to indicate an unusually long life. .
Before Life Extension brings a product to its members, each component of that product undergoes extensive scrutiny, including evaluation of any available published clinical research studies. In addition, the evaluation process often continues by means of clinical trials conducted in the facilities of Life Extension[R] Clinical Research, Inc. (LECR LECR List Error Correction Radius ), in Fort Lauderdale, Florida Fort Lauderdale, known as the "Venice of America" due to its expansive and intricate canal system, is a city in Broward County, Florida, United States. The city's population is described as metropolitan, where diverse culture is commonplace. According to 2006 U.S. , as well as outside Life Extension.
Life Extension Clinical Research comprises physicians, scientists, pharmacists This is a list of notable pharmacists.
The product development team at Life Extension continually con·tin·u·al
1. Recurring regularly or frequently: the continual need to pay the mortgage.
2. reviews the scientific literature for natural agents that have shown promise in combatting age-related disorders. Life Extension's clinical studies are designed, managed, and conducted to discover new benefits to Life Extension's members by providing the highest-quality products and ensuring the safety of our clinical study subjects.
RECENTLY CONDUCTED STUDIES
Recent clinical studies at Life Extension have been conducted in the following areas:
* Cardiovascular cardiovascular /car·dio·vas·cu·lar/ (-vas´ku-ler) pertaining to the heart and blood vessels.
Abbr. endothelial endothelial /en·do·the·li·al/ (-the´le-al) pertaining to or made up of endothelium.
A layer of cells that lines the inside of certain body cavities, for example, blood vessels. function
* Healthy cholesterol levels
* Body weight
* Sleep/mood/appetite levels
* Male sexual health
* Hair-growth inhibition inhibition
In enzymology, a phenomenon in which a compound (an inhibitor), usually similar in structure to the substance on which an enzyme acts (substrate), interacts with the enzyme so that the resulting complex cannot undergo the usual reaction or cannot form the usual
* Coenzyme Q coenzyme Q
Ubiquinone. 10 bioavailability bioavailability /bio·avail·a·bil·i·ty/ (bi?o-ah-val?ah-bil´i-te) the degree to which a drug or other substance becomes available to the target tissue after administration.
* Blood sugar
* Male hormone hormone, secretory substance carried from one gland or organ of the body via the bloodstream to more or less specific tissues, where it exerts some influence upon the metabolism of the target tissue. levels.
One of the most essential aspects in conducting a clinical study is having the necessary number of volunteers participate. By taking part in a clinical trial at Life Extension Clinical Research, you will have the opportunity to take a nutritional supplement and contribute to a potential health breakthrough.
CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR CLINICAL TRIALS
At the present time, we are recruiting healthy volunteers for clinical trials that apply to a wide range of potential health benefits.
Please see the table on page 5 for ongoing trials.
HOW DO I REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER?
There are two ways to register for one of our exciting clinical studies. You may register by:
1. Calling the main telephone number for Life Extension Clinical Research at 866-517-4536 or locally in the South Florida Florida, state, United States
Florida (flôr`ĭdə, flŏr`–), state in the extreme SE United States. A long, low peninsula between the Atlantic Ocean (E) and the Gulf of Mexico (W), Florida is bordered by Georgia and area at 954-202-7678.
2. Logging on to the website and following these steps:
* a. Go to http://www.lifeextension.com.
* b. Scroll To continuously move forward, backward or sideways through the text and images on screen or within a window. Scrolling implies continuous and smooth movement, a line, character or pixel at a time, as if the data were on a paper scroll being rolled behind the screen. See auto scroll. to the bottom left corner of the page and click on "Life Extension Clinical Research."
* c. Click on "Register for open studies" on the right side.
* d. Click on the study that is most appealing to you, such as: "Improving HDL Cholesterol HDL cholesterol
See high-density lipoprotein.
About one-third or one-fourth of all cholesterol is high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. Levels" or "Improving Male
* e. Read a brief description of the study.
* f. If interested, click on "Register."
* g. Complete the registration form.
* h. Click on "Register Now" and you will automatically be registered. When the study is ready to commence, or if it has already commenced, you will be contacted by the study coordinator.
By participating as a volunteer in the clinical trials at Life Extension Clinical Research, you not only benefit yourself but also the whole Life Extension family.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Life Extension Clinical Research, Inc. is a clinical research organization engaged in the investigation of natural nutritional supplements that enhance and support optimal health. Your participation in these studies entitles you to FREE blood tests, nutritional supplements, and consultations worth thousands of dollars.
In addition to furthering medical science, you will gain access to state-of-the-art nutritional approaches for chronic discomforts that could literally turn your life around for the better.
If you are interested in participating in any of these studies, there are two easy ways to do so:
1. Call the main telephone number for Life Extension Clinical Research at: (866) 517-4536 or (954) 202-7678.
2. Log directly into the Life Extension website by using the following steps:
a. Go to http://www.lifeextension.com
b. Scroll to Life Extension Clinical Research on the bottom left corner of the page, click, and follow the directions
Dr. Steven Ste´ven
n. 1. Voice; speech; language.
Ye have as merry a steven
As any angel hath that is in heaven.
2. An outcry; a loud call; a clamor.
To set steven
to make an appointment. Hirsh is Director of Clinical Research at Life Extension Clinical Research, Inc.
If you have any questions on the scientific content of this article, please call a Life Extension Health Advisor at 1-800-226-2370.
By Steven P. Hirsh, RPH RPh
Registered Pharmacist , DPM (Documents Per Minute) The number of paper documents that can be processed in one minute. , MHSA MHSA Master of Health Services Administration (graduate degree)
MHSA Montana High School Association
MHSA Mine Health and Safety Act (South Africa)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: LIFE EXTENSION'S CLINICAL RESEARCH PROGRAM
* Life Extension was founded more than 25 years ago with the goal of researching therapies to extend the healthy human life span and bringing these remedies to the public.
* Life Extension Clinical Research conducts clinical trials to document the efficacy of a variety of products in human subjects.
* To date, Life Extension has conducted clinical trials on products designed for diverse health concerns, including supporting healthy endothelial function, male sexual health, and healthy cholesterol levels.
* Currently, Life Extension Clinical Research is recruiting subjects for clinical trials related to supporting healthy HDL cholesterol levels, male hormone levels, female urinary urinary /uri·nary/ (u´ri-nar?e) pertaining to, containing, or secreting urine.
1. Relating to urine and its production, function, or excretion.
2. tract health, inflammation inflammation, reaction of the body to injury or to infectious, allergic, or chemical irritation. The symptoms are redness, swelling, heat, and pain resulting from dilation of the blood vessels in the affected part with loss of plasma and leucocytes (white blood , healthy mood and sleep, and promoting healthy blood sugar levels.
* You may register as a volunteer in any of the trials at Life Extension Clinical Research by calling (866) 517-4536 or (954) 202-7678, or by logging onto the website at http://www.lifeextension.com and following the instructions under "Life Extension Clinical Research."
ONGOING TRIA GEOGRAPHIC AREA EVALUATION 1. Supporting healthy Nationwide Effectiveness of a natural high-density nutritional lipoprotein (HDL) formula designed to safely levels support optimal blood HDL levels 2. Optimizing male Nationwide Effectiveness of a natural hormone levels nutritional supplement designed to safely support optimal hormone levels 3. Female urinary Tri-county area of Effectiveness of a natural tract health South Florida cranberry-based formula (Dade, Broward, designed to promote urinary and Palm Beach tract health counties) 4. Inflammation Tri-county area of Effectiveness of a natural South Florida nutritional formula designed (Dade, Broward, to target specific and Palm Beach prostaglandin pathways in the counties) body 5. Supporting sleep Nationwide Effectiveness of a natural and maintaining a nutritional healthy mood formula designed to support sleep and maintain healthy mood/energy levels 6. Supporting healthy Tri-county area of Effectiveness of a blood sugar levels South Florida nutritional supplement (Dade, Broward, designed to support optimal and Palm Beach blood sugar levels counties) ONGOING TRIA GEOGRAPHIC AREA TRIAL REQUIREMENTS 1. Supporting healthy Nationwide Healthy male and female high-density volunteers lipoprotein (HDL) 21-70 years old levels Low blood values of beneficial HDL Access to a LabCorp blood-lab facility 2. Optimizing male Nationwide Healthy male volunteers hormone levels 50-70 years old Low testosterone and high estradiol levels Access to a LabCorp blood-lab facility 3. Female urinary Tri-county area of * Healthy female volunteers tract health South Florida * 21-45 years old (Dade, Broward, * Two or more urinary tract and Palm Beach infections (UTI) within the counties) past six months 4. Inflammation Tri-county area of * Healthy male and female South Florida volunteers (Dade, Broward, * 21-65 years old and Palm Beach * Signs of excess counties) inflammation in the body (e.g. an elevated blood C-reactive protein level) 5. Supporting sleep Nationwide * Healthy male and female and maintaining a volunteers healthy mood * 21-70 years old * Looking to improve sleep, mood, and energy and lessen fatigue 6. Supporting healthy Tri-county area of * Healthy male and female blood sugar levels South Florida volunteers (Dade, Broward, * 21-70 years old and Palm Beach * Looking to achieve healthy counties) blood sugar levels