License renewal goes online.
You must renew your Ohio permit (active license) if you perform any public accounting work or regulated services in Ohio. Otherwise, you may choose the Ohio registration (inactive license). If you hold the registration, you must use the term "Inactive" after the CPA designation.
No paper license renewal forms will be mailed. Those without Internet access, or CPAs wishing to change license status, can download the Individual Reporting Form(s) from the ABO Web site or call the ABO at 614.466.4135 and request that the form(s) be mailed.
To renew your license, login to the ABO Web site at http://.acc.ohio.gov and register with your CPA number, PIN and password. These will all be available on your renewal application, which will be sent out in October.
Here is what you can expect with the new online renewal process.
* To change your status from Ohio permit to Ohio registration or vice versa, you must complete an application form available at acc.ohio.gov/renewal.html and mail the completed form along with the appropriate fee to the ABO.
* CPAs and public accountants practicing public accounting or performing regulated services in Ohio must obtain an Ohio permit.
* CPAs and public accountants not practicing public accounting or performing regulated services in Ohio may obtain either an Ohio permit or an Ohio registration.
* CPAs practicing public accounting in another state who hold licenses in that state may renew their CPA status as good standing on the basis of their CPA license in the other state.
* If you qualify for and choose to obtain or renew the Ohio registration, you will not be required to report continuing education.
* If your name or address has changed, you must complete both the "Main" and "Credential Mail" address information.
* If you wish to add a home address or business address, separate from the other addresses on file, use the "Comments" section.
* Only valid American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA credit cards are acceptable. Debit cards are NOT acceptable.
If you have any questions or problems with the renewal process, please contact the ABO at 614.466.4135 or visit their Web site at http://acc.ohio.gov/.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Members Only|
|Publication:||Catalyst (Dublin, Ohio)|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Ohio Society members save on disaster recovery services.|
|Next Article:||Renewing your license online.|