License renewal goes online.Renewing your CPA (Computer Press Association, Landing, NJ) An earlier membership organization founded in 1983 that promoted excellence in computer journalism. Its annual awards honored outstanding examples in print, broadcast and electronic media. The CPA disbanded in 2000. license will now be as easy as a few clicks of the mouse. CPAs renewing their license or permit with the Accountancy Board of Ohio (ABO ABO
See: Accumulated Benefit Obligation ) can use a new online renewal process available at https://license.ohio.gov/ from Oct. 1 until Jan. 2, 2008.
You must renew your Ohio permit (active license) if you perform any public accounting work or regulated services in Ohio. Otherwise, you may choose the Ohio registration (inactive license). If you hold the registration, you must use the term "Inactive" after the CPA designation.
No paper license renewal forms will be mailed. Those without Internet access See how to access the Internet. , or CPAs wishing to change license status, can download the Individual Reporting Form(s) from the ABO Web site or call the ABO at 614.466.4135 and request that the form(s) be mailed.
To renew your license, login Signing in and gaining access to a network server, Web server or other computer system. The process (the noun) is a "login" or "logon," while the act of doing it (the verb) is to "log in" or to "log on. to the ABO Web site at http://.acc.ohio.gov and register with your CPA number, PIN and password. These will all be available on your renewal application, which will be sent out in October.
Here is what you can expect with the new online renewal process.
* To change your status from Ohio permit to Ohio registration or vice versa VICE VERSA. On the contrary; on opposite sides. , you must complete an application form available at acc.ohio.gov/renewal.html and mail the completed form along with the appropriate fee to the ABO.
* CPAs and public accountants practicing public accounting or performing regulated services in Ohio must obtain an Ohio permit.
* CPAs and public accountants not practicing public accounting or performing regulated services in Ohio may obtain either an Ohio permit or an Ohio registration.
* CPAs practicing public accounting in another state who hold licenses in that state may renew their CPA status as good standing on the basis of their CPA license in the other state.
* If you qualify for and choose to obtain or renew the Ohio registration, you will not be required to report continuing education continuing education: see adult education.
or adult education
Any form of learning provided for adults. In the U.S. the University of Wisconsin was the first academic institution to offer such programs (1904). .
* If your name or address has changed, you must complete both the "Main" and "Credential Mail" address information.
* If you wish to add a home address or business address, separate from the other addresses on file, use the "Comments" section.
* Only valid American Express American Express (NYSE: AXP), sometimes known as "AmEx" or "Amex", is a diversified global financial services company, headquartered in New York City. The company is best known for its credit card, charge card and traveler's cheque businesses. , Discover, MasterCard or VISA credit cards are acceptable. Debit cards debit card, card that allows the cost of goods or services that are purchased to be deducted directly from the purchaser's checking account. They can also be used at automated teller machines for withdrawing cash from the user's checking account. are NOT acceptable.
If you have any questions or problems with the renewal process, please contact the ABO at 614.466.4135 or visit their Web site at http://acc.ohio.gov/.